Button Quail acting weird and smell bad.

Peachdrank

Hatching
May 29, 2022
I just got two new female button quail to go with my two older male button quail. I’ve had them for about a week now and one pair is acting strange. They are cold and lethargic, they are super fluffy and they smell terrible. The younger female is about 8 months old and she is having a hard time walking. The other pair seems to be ok. I am new to quail keeping and I’m not sure what they have. I’ve tried reading online forums and I can’t figure out which sickness it could be because they have a few symptoms of all of them. I have them on a heating pad to try to warm them up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 16
Until someone else comes to be more informative, I would suggest heat (which you are already doing) and electrolytes. I've saved some pretty far gone button quail with just that. Hopefully some more helpful will come along.

Until someone else comes to be more informative, I would suggest heat (which you are already doing) and electrolytes. I've saved some pretty far gone button quail with just that. Hopefully some more helpful will come along.
With the bad smell it could be infectious coryza. Do they have any discharge from eyes, nares or beak? Gunky eyes? Facial swelling? Wheezing or rales? What do droppings look like?
https://poultry.extension.org/artic...oultry-diseases/infectious-coryza-in-poultry/
The female has passed away. They both had a little bit of wheezing but none of the other symptoms. The male seems way better after he stayed on the heating pad and seems almost back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom