button quail cages?

Quote:
lol.png
yea we all say that. "I just want a couple as pets" be aware this is a forum of enablers. good luck!
smile.png

I have button Quail in the house. I keep them in table top finch flight cages, and just line the bottom with paper. I have had them for 3 years, like that with no problems. I feed them gamebird/showbird crumbles. You can get it at Tractor supply.

I've been using a curio/trophy cabinet as one of my "juvenile" brooders for my buttons. You can see a photo of it on this thread. For my two adult pair of breeding buttons, I have them in a flight aviary shared with other birds. I am going to keep one other pair from the birds we have hatched in a larger trophy/curio case like this one....

The case we have like this one is still in the works out in the garage. The side glass panels are removed and replaced with wire mesh. The top lighting can be replaced with the type of bulbs/heat you want. What's kind of cool about these larger trophy/curio cases is that they offer enough running space (ours is 54" in length) for your buttons, yet tall enough if they jump, and can also be used as a nice piece of furniture in your family room to display your birds. Anyway, just another idea for you when considering cages for your buttons.

were did you get your nesting material at? i want to see if mine will hatch the eggs themselves and whatnot but idk what to use...and do i have to get 28% to have them lay

Back
Top Bottom