Button quail chick splayed legs

Oldegarlicshnapp

Songster
May 11, 2020
It’s getting worse every time I revisit it, in the way that it’s less able to stand. This this is microscopic so I’m not sure what to do. I’ve got it running on a towel sometimes for grip, but it still splays on it.

It’s not eating and drinking as much as it’s hatch mate since it’s always trying to stay still. I bought these chicks the day they hatched.
A5CA0DC1-6D57-4FCB-8089-B448895C64ED.jpeg
C96299DC-1825-4F59-A954-5E8BDFA0C08D.jpeg
A97CAEB6-FE1B-46FD-8BD2-B9B0428B7742.jpeg

Poor lil thing, doesn't look good, non slip rubber matting may work best as a liner for their brooder, shouldn't have sold u that chick, any of mine have any issues I keep them back to make sure they develop right, I only sell chicks from 2 days old too ... that way they're running around and eating drinking and pooping as they should.
Certainly wouldn't buy from them again my dear xx

@Nabiki beat me to the punch! I agree with her, but you will need to check on it often and make sure it stays hydrated and clean any poop from the glass.
I have done this with day old chicks and they improved and got their legs under them, within a day. Good luck with yours!
ETA
- put some cloth or a piece of paper towel in the bottom of the shot glass or it will just keep slipping on the glass.

Last edited:
Recently learned of the "cup" therapy, from what I saw it does work, sooner the better. You can try a piece of the non skid shelf liner, there is a "smooth" side so place the "bumpy" side up. I use potty pads which at about 1 - 2wks they start tearing up but then they go to the outside brooder in the patio with shavings/hemp

Back
Top Bottom