Button quail chicks *Pics* *Update*

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31052_dsc01262.jpg
31052_dsc01262.jpg

Nice buttons copperhound, l like the colors on them. Here are a few pictures of the 2 week old buttons shicks I have. There growing really fast. Hope you enjoy
big_smile.png

27351_img_0943.jpg

27351_img_0944.jpg

27351_img_0945.jpg

27351_img_0946.jpg

27351_img_0947.jpg

27351_img_0948.jpg

27351_img_0949.jpg

27351_img_0950.jpg

27351_img_0951.jpg

27351_img_0952.jpg

27351_img_0953.jpg

27351_img_0954.jpg

27351_img_0955.jpg

27351_img_0956.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I actually bought from the person in Oregon, and just have not posted my feedback. I had problems with the order...not sure whether it was a shipping issue or the eggs she sent, but after candling a few days in ( I didn't know to candle shipped eggs on ARRIVAL), I found seven cracks, not sure if that is counting the outright dents/cracks that I found when I got the eggs. I appologized profusely for my ignorance, but felt that over 10 percent was pretty high (a BUNCH candled clear, but I wasn't going to go into that). The vendor offered to send me 60 more eggs, which I felt was excessive even in light of the crackies+infertile eggs. What would I do if they all hatched?! So I told the vendor I didn't need that many, and offered to use my husband's FedEX account to ship the eggs free, and overnight.

First it seems like the vendor had a problem with me not just taking a whole new shipment....then after saying OK to FedEX, she changes her mind and says there's no nearby fed ex, even though you can just call and they will come to your home and pick it up...THEN she says that Fed Ex doesn't compensate her for time. UM, ok what's your time worth? Which brings us back to you can take a whole new shipment or go screw yourself, all the while with a bad attitude despite my very carefully polite emails. I know there are messed up people on the internet, but I really don't think I'd ever stoop so low as to try to rip someone off for quail eggs. xD I tried to be very fair about the amount, even shipping but that person clearly cannot make up their mind. I've got indecisive email after indecisive email.

I really wish I didn't feel bad about leaving bad feedback.

My husband says that vendor really deserves it after reading the email exchange.
sad.png
I was about to just pay them and get the reship, despite my misgivings....but he said after reading the tone of those letters, they would most likely break our eggs on purpose anyway.

On the bright side, I did get 22 chicks out of it
smile.png

Quote:
I actually bought from the person in Oregon, and just have not posted my feedback. I had problems with the order...not sure whether it was a shipping issue or the eggs she sent, but after candling a few days in ( I didn't know to candle shipped eggs on ARRIVAL), I found seven cracks, not sure if that is counting the outright dents/cracks that I found when I got the eggs. I appologized profusely for my ignorance, but felt that over 10 percent was pretty high (a BUNCH candled clear, but I wasn't going to go into that). The vendor offered to send me 60 more eggs, which I felt was excessive even in light of the crackies+infertile eggs. What would I do if they all hatched?! So I told the vendor I didn't need that many, and offered to use my husband's FedEX account to ship the eggs free, and overnight.

First it seems like the vendor had a problem with me not just taking a whole new shipment....then after saying OK to FedEX, she changes her mind and says there's no nearby fed ex, even though you can just call and they will come to your home and pick it up...THEN she says that Fed Ex doesn't compensate her for time. UM, ok what's your time worth? Which brings us back to you can take a whole new shipment or go screw yourself, all the while with a bad attitude despite my very carefully polite emails. I know there are messed up people on the internet, but I really don't think I'd ever stoop so low as to try to rip someone off for quail eggs. xD I tried to be very fair about the amount, even shipping but that person clearly cannot make up their mind. I've got indecisive email after indecisive email.

I really wish I didn't feel bad about leaving bad feedback.

My husband says that vendor really deserves it after reading the email exchange.
sad.png
I was about to just pay them and get the reship, despite my misgivings....but he said after reading the tone of those letters, they would most likely break our eggs on purpose anyway.

On the bright side, I did get 22 chicks out of it
smile.png

Are you talking about "Feathered Obessions"? ( Charlene Mofford )

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Are you talking about "Feathered Obessions"? ( Charlene Mofford )

No, though I've seen that vendor and thought about buying at one point. I think they never have what I want, when I want it lol.

As for the Oregon person I bought from, I'm not sure I want to put that vendor out there, but PM me if you want to know the name. I read that person's feedback and the negative they have is the same complaint as mine to some extent...indecisive etc. I really should put the negative, ARGHHHH
Or at least a warning neutral!!!​

I sell button hatching eggs as well. It takes a lot of effort in packing the eggs and it's not cheap. But I have gotten my fair share of infertile and cracked eggs and I will not allow my customers have the same experience. I try to offer as much help as possible and give them the freshest eggs from my pairs (I test fertility weekly too).

Back
Top Bottom