Button Quail - Day 16

You probably do need higher humidity, but unless there is a way to increase it without opening the bator, I would wait. Their membranes dry out really fast, and opening the bator could mess the others up. maybe you could tear up some sponges and wet them and push them through the vent holes?

YAY!!!

f9d3f32e.gif

Waiting for the results!!! I'm actually praying!!

Last edited:
Actually it's a large redwood cabinet incubator. Holds 800+ eggs.
I added some more water and see that my one chick is out and about. No progress on other pips, but they aren't due until tomorrow night.

Quote:
i think i saw your incubator at one time when i first joined BYC, and i was obcessed with it hehe! I want one like it!
smile.png

Really? Mine's ancient. LOL
3024342587_5ab3a82b58.jpg

I should probably refinish the outside, but it works fine the way it is.

My little solo hatchling is wandering around inside the bator. No other progress yet. We're holding stable at 99.5 degrees and 53% humidity.

@#$@#$@# My thermometer is going. Either it's dying or the batteries are... Neither of which I can replace right now. Fantastic. It's reading between 95 and 101. Hopefully it's relatively in the middle. I still only have one quail out. I only see a few started pips, but they haven't progress yet. You would think, with 6 dozen eggs, it'd be possible for me to get more than one bird.
hmm.png
I did have a power outage, so I'm hoping they're just delayed.

Here's my singleton.
3026291896_d9dd9e0a79.jpg

Aw...what a cutie! I hope you get more babies!
fl.gif
I have had terrible luck with hatching quail at all so far! Out of 38 eggs, I have 3 chicks. Got 13 more eggs, and they all look clear. Now have 48 more in the bator, so we'll see how these go!
fl.gif

Quote:
Ugh! Your luck sounds like mine! This is the second shipment this year. The last hatched one chick and it died on me. Effin depressing... I want quail so bad. LOL

Back
Top Bottom