Button Quail edible?

No button quail are not edible at all. I mean why would you even think about eating something that weighs only a couple ounces? Obviously button quail are pets and not even coturnix are big enough to be meat birds! T_T
Coturnix are just fine for meat birds. And edible isn't strictly 'this is worth the effort of processing',, it just means it won't kill or make you sick to eat

interesting, i don't raise quail but have thought of it. only issue seemed to be my province at the time only wanted us to own bob white and not coturnix.
Interesting. Usually it's the other way around. My cockerels were Usually about 30-40% of live weighg after processing and the quail wre about 50-60% from my rough eyeballing. Quail were definitely worth processing more than the bantans

Interesting. Usually it's the other way around. My cockerels were Usually about 30-40% of live weighg after processing and the quail wre about 50-60% from my rough eyeballing. Quail were definitely worth processing more than the bantans
that is good to know, i have bought quail from the store and thought they where quite good.

am out west in Canada so bobwhites are not native here, so i guess they think there fine to own with no permits.

Back
Top Bottom