Button Quail Has Been Sitting On 16 Eggs - Day 16: Countdown

Good luck, hope all goes well.
fl.gif

your Buttons actually sit on their eggs!? the ones the guy I got mine from, doesnt.. they lay an run! I havent been able to get mine to lay yet.. its been 2 months since I've had her and a month since I get him for her!

Augie's been sitting like this most of the time (day and night) for more than 2 weeks now. She's all puffed up. We went to youtube last night and watched some button quail hatching videos, really wish I can see the hatching with my own eyes!
98173_misc_009.jpg

Either the eggs are dead
sad.png
or I have miscounted the start date of incubation. The weekend came and go with no sign of anything. I read the "sticky" note about testing the eggs using the float method, so last night I sneaked in while the hen's eating and took one egg out and tested. It was a low floater (about 10% of the top above the water). And I put the egg back. She's still sitting on them as of right now. If and when the eggs do hatch, will the hen get up?

she will know when they hatch, and when to give up. if she gives up on them(which might happen in the next few days if they don't hatch) then its pretty much a loss.

Back
Top Bottom