Button quail hatch a long..

It's their nature. Unless you spend lots of time with them and get them tamed to your hand. Do you have bedding for them?

So I hatched out 16 out of 27 eggs. I think they all would have bur my uncle opened the incubator to check on them while we were out and it was not closed all the way...temp dipped to 80....and it was like that for 5hrs. Then this morning I woke up and 7 had passed because the brooder got to hot...so we have 9 chicks total now..
1f613.png

McPhersonFarm the button chicks need something to grip with their toes or they will be splay legged, use non skid shelf liner or paper towel. Also if the brooder were a clear box they would not be so jumpy they can not see you coming in this one and anything from above is a threat to them in the wild and they are born with the flight to survive factor so they boink/jump up to get away. Good luck with the little ones.

You must always keep at least paper towels under them. The gray one. Pretty as it is is splay legged or soon to be. The meed something to grip.

He does and its because I had to help him hatch I decided to stop helping and he actually is walking alot better. I only took them out to clean their cage. Should I put a paper towel in there for 5 minutes or are they ok?

Back
Top Bottom