Button Quail Hatching

carmeninthecountry

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
I hatched my very first button quail ever I have never personally hatched quail... my hubby has but not me.. but he has stuff hanging out of his belly...not like guts not that bad just a little bit... is that normal in quail? can someone give me some info on hatching them ... i do not trust the internet .. like reading stuff on things like that half the time it is wrong....

And another question I was told that if you accidently crack an egg you can put candle wax on it to seal it .. will that work? I have a hen who is the worlds worst about cracking the top of the egg...

Thank you

Quote:
Yes, I do believe it's normal for your little chick to have stuff hanging. It will all come off. At least it does on chickens and ducks. I've heard candle wax can save an egg. Are you hatching this egg? if you are eating it I would cook it and give it back to the birds or the dogs. Take eggs away from that chicken right away. You don't need a hen breaking eggs.

Quote:
Yes, I do believe it's normal for your little chick to have stuff hanging. It will all come off. At least it does on chickens and ducks. I've heard candle wax can save an egg. Are you hatching this egg? if you are eating it I would cook it and give it back to the birds or the dogs. Take eggs away from that chicken right away. You don't need a hen breaking eggs.

Yea I knew chickens did sometimes.. and ducks just wondering about quail ... I want to try and hatch the egg and just see if it works.......

Back
Top Bottom