Button Quail pricing (Latest pics added)

Quote:
ah ha!!!! okay now i know
tongue.png

David, I *MIGHT* be interested in getting a few from you in the future, once we get moved in and settled out there near you. I'm going to see how this Coturnix thing does first, though
gig.gif

Eggs sell somewhere around $.50-$1 each and occasionally $1.50 online depending what colors you have and other factors. Birds depend greatly if you are selling online and what your area is like. There is no way I would ever sell a button for $10 here. No one would pay that. I sell mine $3 each or $5 a pair until about 10weeks when they start laying eggs. Then I can sell them sexed and laying with their adult colors for $5 each and discount on multiple males. At those prices I sell all the fancy colors have just a few of the common colors leftover each hatch. Extra hens I'll keep if I have an open pen and just sell their eggs cheap online. The extra males unfortunately for them are not useful for anything but pet food. If I tried to sell any higher than that locally I'd be butchering half the ones I hatched.

Quote:
Yep, I'll be there!! It's just south of Indy, BYC member Schultz is hosting it. I'm not bringing anything that is not spoken for, so if you are planning on going and would like some buttons just let me know. I sell only pairs or extra males, or day-olds if I have them. I don't think I'll have any day-olds, especially for such a long trip (4+ hours). Pairs from me are $10, males only are $3. Sorry, I'm short on females myself, so I won't sell extra females at this time.
smile.png
I might have some younger birds (looks like I will), that are too young to sex, so those would also be $3 each if you want those.
Here's the link to the meet-up thread..... Indiana & Surrounding BYC Meetup August 1st, 2009

Back
Top Bottom