Button quail questions

Thanks everyone for your answers!
I leave in Greece so it's a bit difficult to find a good button food. It's OK if I give them a crumble food for chickens or not?

I leave in Greece so it's a bit difficult to find a good button food. It's OK if I give them a crumble food for chickens or not?
I’ve been told no, but if you dont have a choice then 🤷🏻‍♀️ They do require much higher protein. Do you have feed for game birds like turkeys? Thats what most everyone is actually talking about.

Do you have feed for game birds like turkeys? Thats what most everyone is actually talking about.
Νο, saddly I don't have any because I have only chickens. Which is the ideal protein % for this birds? And can I give them the same food all the year?

Chicken crumble isn't going to give them the nutrition that they need. You might be able to get away with it if you supplement with boiled egg and insects to give them the higher protein and other nutrients that they need.

As chicks they need about 28% protein. You can go down to about 20% when they're adults.

Sorry, I meant if game bird feed is available in your area? Nabiki covered the rest ;)
Ι have find this :
5e7e0afec914b_267x267.png
5e7e0b01c10c6_267x267.jpg

It said that is ideal for quails and pheasant with 19,5 % protein

That should be ok once they’re adults. For the first few weeks, you will probably need to grind it up so it’s small enough for them to eat, and add quite a lot of extra protein (e.g. mashed boiled egg, ground mealworms).

The other important point to check is that it should not be medicated.

For the first few weeks, you will probably need to grind it up so it’s small enough for them to eat
Hmm perfect 🙄
Did anyone know a good food for this bird which I can order from ebay or Amazon? Or maybe a site that sends shipments internationally?
I'm a exotic finches breeder so I know what is the importance of a good diet.

Hi again.
After a big research I find some foods for hunting birds but all of them are or for meet or for egg production. Also I find some for chick development. I don't know if any of them is good for buttons 🙄

Back
Top Bottom