button quail

animal_lover

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
I am new with hatching buttton quail out so I have a few questions before i get started.
How long can they sit out without being in the incubator and still be able to hatch tem out?

And do they hatch out easy or are they more difficult then chickens?

I had great luck with my button quail, and found them quite easy to hatch. I would say that the rule of 10 days and fertility drops would apply to them as well as chickens. Maybe someone knows this for sure?

I know the anwer to those questions....

They can't sit out to long because I said so and......
bring them to me and I will put them in the incubator and let you know how hard they are to hatch.......
lau.gif

I think they're easier than chickens. But holding them long periods lessens the hatchability like any eggs. The sooner the better.

You're in for a treat if this is your first time hatching them. The eggs literally vibrate when they're about to start hatching, and you can hear the peeping from in the eggs. They do perfect little zips, and this impossibly small chick comes out of an even smaller egg... it's amazing. I can't wait to hatch more. Mine are almost full grown now... another week or so, and they'll start laying!!

Mine went in the bator yesterday!!! Can't wait - at least it's a shorter wait period than chicken eggs!!

The eggs are so pretty too - all different shades of brown and speckled.

I've got 27 Button quail eggs in my incubator on day 11. They are from Jenn (JKCove) and are soo tiny and cute! This is my first time trying to hatch them too. I can't wait to see how little the chicks are when (if) they hatch. I got hardware cloth today to cover our chinchilla cage with-those holes are too large I think for the buttons once they move out of the brooder box. I'll post pics once it all starts happening- later this week hopefully!
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom