Buy Appliances etc. for tiny house... Where?

bettymae83

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2015
Hoopa, Ca.
So our tiny house will be here in aprox. 4 weeks. We have hit a snaggle though. We can't find a place to buy tiny appliances, showers, etc. We will be doing the building ourselves, but we can't build a tiny stove, no matter what my husband says. I would rather purchase and make it look like an actual house, instead of making it look like a thrown together shack. Does that even make sense?

Where did you tiny housers buy your stuff?

Thank you in advance. All is appreciated!

One place you could check into are appliances used in RV's. You may have to do a bit of searching. Instead of a hot water heater you can install hot water on demand systems.

I don't have a tiny house but I do live in a 740 sq ft home we built. I just wanted to offer a suggestion.

Thank you both!
They have a tiny wood stove at Harbor Freight tools that I use in the garage or whenever I need to heat up something outside.
http://blog.harborfreight.com/boxwood-heater-stove/
The downside to small stoves is that you usually have to get up in the middle of the night to refill them.

My hubby loves harbor freights. Our local one is having a liquidation sale, and he hit the store up first thing. All tiny stuff is gone! We live smack dab in the center of Marijuana country. The store clerk says all the growers by up the tiny supplies for their shacks. Then C.A.M.P confiscates everything when they get busted.

One place you could check into are appliances used in RV's. You may have to do a bit of searching. Instead of a hot water heater you can install hot water on demand systems.

I don't have a tiny house but I do live in a 740 sq ft home we built. I just wanted to offer a suggestion.

I have been looking at RV supplies but all I find is awning, curtains, etc. I would really like to get those couch beds that RV's have, for when the step kids come over.

Mobile home equipment is smaller than normal too.
Big box stores sell smaller refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, etc.. So does Best Buy.

You might be surprised at what people have if you post a CL ad.

I posted a CL ad for my property clean up, and I had women trying to sell me certain activities, and several that wanted to clean my weed LOL

I think we are going to make our own bathroom, I just saw this picture and I am very interested in it. Looks easy to clean and very space conscience.

Back
Top Bottom