Buy Appliances etc. for tiny house... Where?

For DIY, under bed storage or any out of the way place like under a stairway if you have one.
Our sleep areas are two 8 foot by 12 foot lofts, but they are only about 3 foot high in the center. Its got a barn roof. However, I was thinking about making the ladders in to clothing cubbies, intead of having a dresser, with storage on the sides, books, toys towels, etc. I'll post a rough draft later. The boss will wonder what I'm scanning and come investigate LOL

If you know what I do, you can make your own.

Fridge, you can make an evaporate cooler wherever there is a breeze (or a breeze funneled into the back of it, or a solar fan fitted) they are just the box which is the fridge, a towel over the top and water is tossed on it now and then, with a cup or a solar powered timer and pump if you want super fancy. These things work extremely well. Everyone should have one for drinks on hot day.

Cooker, probably a rocket stove is good, turns twigs into hot pots and is easy to make.

You'll also want a hot box to do the cooking once the pot is hot, it saves a lot of fuel.

Solar cooker for when the sun shines.

There is a suspicious shortage of washing machines for camper vans, probably because any container that you can seal up with water and clothes and put in the boot of the car is a washing machine when you drive around. Can't be hard to make a container holder with a cranking handle like they draw prizes from for home use.

Everyone should build their own solar water heater, they are too easy, cheap and effective not to. I have 300 + litres of scalding hot water 24/7 and I built it from trash.

Mr Tesolonian builds an evaporate cooling door of all things, but there are plenty of other ways to make them.

Oh mr Tesolonian also shows you how to run petrol engines on wood, but that's another story.

Can't think of any more appliances.

i guess it also depends on what type of appliance you are looking for if your looking for electric mobile home or apartment sized may work for you.you can find some fairly small propane or natural gas appliances as well we have a small 4 burner propane stove with an oven that is roughly 2 1/2ft wide that we purchased from our local propane dealer for our tiny house ( 400 square feet). they also sold small fridges and deep freezes for tiney spaces the smallest freezer they had was 2 cubic feet.

http://propanedepot.ca/products/ugp-20-white-off-grid-propane-range/
we have a stove very similar to this one. nove thing about it is we can run it off of a 20lb bbq cylinder another thing you may want to look into is finding an old decommisioned camper or winnebago and use the appliances from there. our fridge is from an old 1970 something 5th wheel camper. they are small can be switched over from propane to electric (12v) and you can paint the tacky mactac exterior to match your kitchen lol

There are a lot of websites that specialize in all of this. On demand hot water,heaters, stoves,fridges etc. Just start looking. We have the ecco temp on demand hot water tank about $150.00!

Back
Top Bottom