buy goose eggs?

Each year we have done changes to our dog kennel pens. So we are always improving as time goes by. You sound like you have what you want in mind. Make it to your likings but also keep in mind what the geese like as well. Remember geese are grazers and need grass to eat it is their main thing they eat.

Please remember that to do their best, geese need pasture with good grass. They are primarily grazing animals. Otherwise you will need to supplement with greens from grocery store and/or fodder trays.

We are in Alabama and have similar hot hot summers and mild winters. Mine do fine with fresh cold water midday and lots of shade.

i have been talking to a breeder here. also a good friend who is a landscaper. i sprayed for weeds yesterday and plan to spread a ton of grass seed saturday to start growing for the fall when i get the geese. i decided on american buffs. also going to drill and concrete some 2 inch posts in the ground this weekend to start their house. i plan a 400-500 sq ft house with a 200 sq ft pond . i have been keeping saltwater fish and corals for over 30 years and have so much equiptment laying around i can circulate the water so i gont get algae and a drain system so i can refill it with new water. i have a water well so water dont cost next to nothing here. so seed saturday and water the heck out of it till the fence is done and the house is built. i hope to have some geese by november .
by the way my chickens are spoiled i cut up greens and veggies everyday for them so these geese will be spoiled. for sure.
we have 4 horses and 2 donkeys and a nubian goat with a lamb my wife feeds i am the poultry part around here.
i moved to texas from NY in 2000 and i love being a farmer redneck
thumbsup.gif

hey by the way Kimberly me neighbor is from Atlanta he misses it there.

i have been talking to a breeder here. also a good friend who is a landscaper. i sprayed for weeds yesterday and plan to spread a ton of grass seed saturday to start growing for the fall when i get the geese. i decided on american buffs. also going to drill and concrete some 2 inch posts in the ground this weekend to start their house. i plan a 400-500 sq ft house with a 200 sq ft pond . i have been keeping saltwater fish and corals for over 30 years and have so much equiptment laying around i can circulate the water so i gont get algae and a drain system so i can refill it with new water. i have a water well so water dont cost next to nothing here. so seed saturday and water the heck out of it till the fence is done and the house is built. i hope to have some geese by november .
by the way my chickens are spoiled i cut up greens and veggies everyday for them so these geese will be spoiled. for sure.
we have 4 horses and 2 donkeys and a nubian goat with a lamb my wife feeds i am the poultry part around here.
thumbsup.gif

Misses Atlanta, our daughter lives there it's a nightmare driving there. Nope give me the country anytime. Sounds like a great plan you have, please post pics as you go, and be very careful what you spray around waterfowl/ poultry, they are very sensitive to chemicals.

thumbsup.gif

I hate to tell you but with your waterfowl you are not suppose to use weed killer!!! I called the distributer and talked with them because my husband was going to weed and feed the pasture and the grass. The person we talked to said do NOT use the weeder because it can kill your livestock, horses included. I ask well how long does the effect last and he said it goes into the ground and could last for 2 years. I said you are kidding right? He said NO I am not. My husband did not believe me and I put him on the phone with this person and he confirmed it.
So people beware of using weed killer around your livestock...

i used it yesterday and sprayed just the weeds.the geese wont be there for probably 3 months . i am going to start growing grass seed saturday. not to say you are wrong but i called my friend who has something like 3 degrees in landscape things( i know stupid me but ???) i can dig his card up and list his degrees if you like . no way 2 years hell parvo a killer of dogs dont even last that long.i do not ever believe any one person for anything that important.i poured old engine oil on all the cactus we had growing here 2 years ago and killed it off and my horses are still alive. that being said seed goes down this weekend.
Miss Lydia, i dont know. he has a bonus room in his house all done up red for the falcans. when he was younger he was the field goal kicker for Georgia tech.killed him the falcans lost in the semi finals last nfl season. i was at his house to watch and had to leave fast. he was having a hissy fit when they lost lol

i used it yesterday and sprayed just the weeds.the geese wont be there for probably 3 months . i am going to start growing grass seed saturday. not to say you are wrong but i called my friend who has something like 3 degrees in landscape things( i know stupid me but ???) i can dig his card up and list his degrees if you like . no way 2 years hell parvo a killer of dogs dont even last that long.i do not ever believe any one person for anything that important.i poured old engine oil on all the cactus we had growing here 2 years ago and killed it off and my horses are still alive. that being said seed goes down this weekend.
Miss Lydia, i dont know. he has a bonus room in his house all done up red for the falcans. when he was younger he was the field goal kicker for Georgia tech.killed him the falcans lost in the semi finals last nfl season. i was at his house to watch and had to leave fast. he was having a hissy fit when they lost lol
a bonus room done up in red??? some people never grow up
wink.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom