BUY IT NOW! 4+Bantam, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Hatching Eggs~NPIP SHIPPING INCLUDED in NC

Hi, I love your cabinet incubator! Did you build it? It looks incredible! I have 6 LG's!
lau.gif
I have tweaked them a bit so that I could get the humidity right. I have found that the water reservoir is not sufficient to get the humidity up, so what I do is I line the bottom of the incubator first with a layer of plastic. I cut a plain white plastic trash bag about 5 or 6 inches larger than the bottom tray. Then I put the wire on top of that, and the turner. I just add about 1/2 cup of water every 4 or 5 days during the first 15 days. Then I stop up the holes in the top and fill up the tray with about 1 and 1/4 cups of water. The trash bag allows me to add more water without it leaking out of the bottom holes in the incubator tray. So far so good! This works pretty well for me for clean up as well. I just throw out the plastic, wash the turner and wire grid and start over. I have found that the LG's with the fan dry out the eggs too much, so all but one of my LG's have no fans. I sett eggs about every 2 weeks so that I'm not taking care of 300 chicks at a time. Especially in the winter months.
I have a large table in one of my rooms set up with 4 of them and one of them is in the living room. I have the last one in the Bathroom as a warmer for the hatched chicks to dry off. Then they go to the broody box under the table in the Bathroom. After that I take them outside to a heated garden shed where my chicks stay until they are ready to go to the aviary and grow out pen.
I can't wait to hear how your cabinet incubator works for you. It looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom