Buy Shamo Roostet

I’m glad to be in this group. I’ll be getting 4 fertile eggs on1-7-2021. I’m nervous cuz I’m new to this. I was going to incubate them I got a Red hen with 5 eggs so I might put them in with her. I would like some suggestions 😊🤙🏽

I’m glad to be in this group. I’ll be getting 4 fertile eggs on1-7-2021. I’m nervous cuz I’m new to this. I was going to incubate them I got a Red hen with 5 eggs so I might put them in with her. I would like some suggestions 😊🤙🏽
Is this hen currently setting eggs?
If she has been incubating these eggs and you put new eggs under her in a week, she will abandon any unhatched eggs a day or two after the first set eggs hatch.
Do you have an incubator?

No
I switch dayold chicks for eggs all breeding season and my hens go right back to setting
That seems harsh on the broody. I would rather the hen keep her reward and is allowed to raise her chicks. I have found broody raised chicks to be much better flock members from a socialization stand point as well as healthier. And I wouldn't want a hen setting for so long as it's hard on their bodies to be on the nest constantly.

Is this hen currently setting eggs?
If she has been incubating these eggs and you put new eggs under her in a week, she will abandon any unhatched eggs a day or two after the first set eggs hatch.
Do you have an incubator?
Yes I do. Thank you for that very important information!

Yes I do. Thank you for that very important information!
No
I switch dayold chicks for eggs all breeding season and my hens go right back to setting
you know my setters dont get up... not even to poop when on the nest... once up and out of the box they drop a huge poop.... if they were on the nest any longer they might explode and leave a heck of a mess... but i am just a rookie, imagining i guess.

Back
Top Bottom