Buying a Dove

So, instead of buying a female dove and having to deal with all the babies, do you think a male dove would do fine with a male or female bird of a different breed? Such as a parakeet, cockatiel, or some other bird?

I don't have enough room if I did get another dove and they had babies. But, I don't want my dove to be lonely since I'll be starting work soon and I won't be at the house most of the time.

So, instead of buying a female dove and having to deal with all the babies, do you think a male dove would do fine with a male or female bird of a different breed? Such as a parakeet, cockatiel, or some other bird?

I don't have enough room if I did get another dove and they had babies. But, I don't want my dove to be lonely since I'll be starting work soon and I won't be at the house most of the time.

Yes, if you have enough room in the aviary or cage. If you have a small cage, I know of several breeders that keep male doves together all the time, or even a pair and replace their eggs with wooden eggs, or even small painted rocks that resemble eggs( 2 fake eggs ) But as in all things, some birds ( doves ) don`t get along with anything, not a hen, not a male, and not even a different species of bird. If it were me, I would only get another dove etc. if you want another dove, etc. Yours will not get lonely, as it does not even know it is lonely. People keep one dog, one cat, one bird, etc. all the time. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom