Buying a house!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
If all goes well, we'll be moving to 2 acres in December! The house passed the inspection process, just need to get through appraisal and making sure the loan holds up!

It's a cute cape cod, 3 beds, 2 baths, BIG kitchen! Major improvement from where we are, 2 bed, 1 bath on 1/2 acre. The only thing missing is the garage, but plenty of space to put one!

What are we going to do with all that yard space? So excited!

It's going to be a lot of work... needs cleared in a bad way. The back is like field and forest converged on each other, and then honeysuckle showed up and chocked them both. But there is a gentle slope in the middle where we can do tiered gardening, and a flat spot at the back for... goats? Ordinance says I can have 2 goats as long as their house is set back 100 ft.

Some projects inside too, like the hot tub in the master bath is disconnected and old as heck, so it needs ripped out. We were thinking on a smaller tub so that we can put a closet in the remaining space. Doesn't really need a big 4 person tub.

Everything else is minor cosmetics or general updates. The important things have been done. Plumbing, electrical, etc all checked out fine and is new. Could use a furnace and a/c upgrade, but the existing works.

SO excited! Still about 35 days till closing though. Lot's of waiting around.

Congrats on the home.Plant those fruit trees/shrubs in the spring.Two things maybe to look for are yard and home water issues,and pests like carpenter ants and mice.I would go for the smaller tub and more closet space too.Was there a boundary survey done recently? We did a survey after purchase and neighbor encroachment is an issue.Best wishes with the new place!

Congratulations! Sounds like goats are just what that property needs!
thumbsup.gif

I'm so worried we'll be out of space by this time next year! Husband just presented me with a list of everything he wants planted last night. From pumpkins to Christmas trees, and 3 compost areas to make recipe based soil amendments and fertilizers. SO MUCH work!

Still waiting for the processor to call and to get the appraisal done. Broker said if there was an issue we would have heard about it last week, and to take a "no news is good news" approach. Ok. This is so different than buying a car.

But in the mean time... I have tile and a tub picked out. Time is dragging on!

I also agree on the smaller tub. The huge jacuzzi tubs look pretty but they are not very practical. We have one in our master bath and I don't ever use the jets...I just requires SO MUCH WATER and I feel it is wasteful and glutinous to use that much water on a 15 minute bath. Make sure it is somewhere you want to stay for several years to come....selling is VERY expensive! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom