Buying a incubator, does this look like a good one?

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
im looking for a incubator, im looking for a cheaper, good working one, but not really little or supper cheap to were its junk.

does this look like a good one?

http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/little-giant--10200-circulated-air-incu.html

if you have any suggestions for a good one please tell me
smile.png

or if the one im showing you isnt good please tell me

or maybe tell me the kind you have

thanks please respond

big_smile.png

My Hova Bator is extremily reliable. It holds temps really well.

Be sure you get a waffer thermostat model and not the computerized version. The waffer holds the temp way better than the electronic thermostats do. I never have a temp spike in my bator with the waffer.

The Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco is actually in your price range, with the 10% off code. The Ecos are out of stock for a couple more weeks but they're amazingly great for the price. You can get the autoturn cradle for them or you can turn them yourself; one of the great things about them is that you don't have to open the unit to turn the eggs. You just turn the whole thing back and forth.

i'm still set on my hova Bator. For 87.00 you get 68 eggs worth of storage and for roughly 50.00 more you get a completely removable turner. Mine is a testament to them and i've used it for 7 years with no problems. almost no temp. spikes from it and the humidity stays good if you follow the instructions. /replacement parts are readily available and extremely cheap and easy to replace. hova Bator is the way to go on a budget or otherwise. Brinsea tends to be a bit more advanced.

Quote:
Actually I had nothing but problems with my hovabator wafer thermosat. I have a HovaBator Genesis 1588 with the "computerized thermostat" and its the best bator i've ever owned. I'll never back to a chick killing wafer thermostat.

DH got me the Hovabator 1602N with egg turner and a fan (diff seller) for $114 after shipping. I currently have 40 eggs in it and no problems with temps or humidity.

Quote:
I think Brinsea is overpriced for what it does. Does not hold many eggs and does not have any way to secure them if the line of them is not full. I've got a eco 20 with turner and I'd trade it for cirrculated air hovabator, If any one wants to.

Back
Top Bottom