Buying a new rooster

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Apr 21, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

that is a pretty roo - I would pay that!!!!

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like a good price to me! They are a very nice color!

4. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    yup,i would pay that.

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I'm hoping my dad will say yes. It's pretty close to us. But he doesn't know if he wants more chickens. [​IMG] I told him I would pay for it. I would love to have a little rooster like that! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    the white colored one looks really cute; but I'm guessing it's a female. I think they all look cute! [​IMG]

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    The one on the bottom right it is a cockeral, and a mighty cute one at that! I hope you are able to get him [​IMG]

8. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:We have a Splash one just like that, except he's bigger(not a Bantam). So I think the blue colored ones are interesting. [​IMG]

9. denimeggs

denimeggs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    It's incredibly easy to find a roo desperately in need of re-homing, and therefore free. (Try Craig's list) Also, the pet chicken meetup groups often have quality breed cockerels they need to get rid of. Paying for one should mean that it is decent quality, and it should definitely be less than the cost of related pullets.

10. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Yay! I think my dad is going to say yes! [​IMG] [​IMG] I asked him if he wants the number to the person, and he said to bring it with me when I go to see him this week. [​IMG] It would be so fun to be able to pick out my own little chicken. [​IMG] Believe it or not, I've never done it. my dad usually buys the baby chicks when we aren't there. [​IMG] So it's really exciting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by