Buying a new rooster

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
http://unclehenrys.com/CLASSIFIEDS/Search/ExhibitDetail.aspx?ExhibitID=-2135348418&ishistoricsearch=N&ReturnPage=%2fClassifieds%2fSearch%2fResults.aspx%3fSearchID%3d43927522%26SearchResultIndex%3d0%26ishistoricsearch%3dN%23

We
are thinking of buying a new rooster for our small Bantam Cochin pullet, named Pumpkin, since the other roosters are too big.
smile.png

Do you think it's a good deal to pay $6 for a Bantam Cochin rooster?(look at the above link)

Thanks!
big_smile.png

I'm hoping my dad will say yes. It's pretty close to us. But he doesn't know if he wants more chickens.
fl.gif
I told him I would pay for it. I would love to have a little rooster like that!
love.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

the white colored one looks really cute; but I'm guessing it's a female. I think they all look cute!
love.gif

Quote:
We have a Splash one just like that, except he's bigger(not a Bantam). So I think the blue colored ones are interesting.
smile.png

It's incredibly easy to find a roo desperately in need of re-homing, and therefore free. (Try Craig's list) Also, the pet chicken meetup groups often have quality breed cockerels they need to get rid of. Paying for one should mean that it is decent quality, and it should definitely be less than the cost of related pullets.

Yay! I think my dad is going to say yes!
fl.gif
celebrate.gif
I asked him if he wants the number to the person, and he said to bring it with me when I go to see him this week.
big_smile.png
It would be so fun to be able to pick out my own little chicken.
smile.png
Believe it or not, I've never done it. my dad usually buys the baby chicks when we aren't there.
cool.png
So it's really exciting!

Back
Top Bottom