Buying egg cartons Q

Acre4Me

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
any recommendations for purchasing egg cartons? Have a friend that might enjoy some fun ones or “custom” ones -like with the name they refer to their chickens&eggs. Was thinking a Christmas or bday present. I’ve never ordered any, so I don’t know much about egg carton suppliers/options. Thx.

There are companies that sell cartons online. It's been quite a while since I've looked but a quick Google or Bing search should bring some links up for you. As I remember they were kind of pricey (to me anyway).

If buying personalized cartons doesn't pan out, maybe you could come up with a personalized stamp or sticker for plain cartons.

There are companies that sell cartons online. It's been quite a while since I've looked but a quick Google or Bing search should bring some links up for you. As I remember they were kind of pricey (to me anyway).

If buying personalized cartons doesn't pan out, maybe you could come up with a personalized stamp or sticker for plain cartons.

Ive googled, of course, and came up with a variety of options. But was wondering what experiences others have had. What to know, what to avoid, if they were happy with their cartons or customizations.

any recommendations for purchasing egg cartons? Have a friend that might enjoy some fun ones or “custom” ones -like with the name they refer to their chickens&eggs. Was thinking a Christmas or bday present. I’ve never ordered any, so I don’t know much about egg carton suppliers/options. Thx.

You can buy cheap cartons from TSC or Amazon and buy stamp or stickers to personalize a plain inexpensive box. Hatcheries typically sell them as well but more expensive. I bought a stamp myself for boxes. You can also buy stamp to stamp the eggs as well.

You can buy cheap cartons from TSC or Amazon and buy stamp or stickers to personalize a plain inexpensive box. Hatcheries typically sell them as well but more expensive. I bought a stamp myself for boxes. You can also buy stamp to stamp the eggs as well.

In general, I find the cartons a bit pricy, but it is a gift - and getting something you would not buy yourself (like pricey egg cartons) makes it all the more special. Also, my TSC sells general pressed paper ones, but they are $0.50 a piece, which seems high, overall for a basic paper carton. I have seen paper, clear plastic, and styrofoam ones. A fun color sounds, well, fun. But, the surprise would be adding their Chicken and egg nickname to the cartons!

In general, I find the cartons a bit pricy, but it is a gift - and getting something you would not buy yourself (like pricey egg cartons) makes it all the more special. Also, my TSC sells general pressed paper ones, but they are $0.50 a piece, which seems high, overall for a basic paper carton. I have seen paper, clear plastic, and styrofoam ones. A fun color sounds, well, fun. But, the surprise would be adding their Chicken and egg nickname to the cartons!

Amazon sells them for .32 cents a piece in pack of 140 which holds a dozen or can buy 1/2 dozen if cheaper. You could just buy the stamp and leave the cartons up to her. My family sends me their saved egg cartons as long as clean and I can deliver eggs to someone in them. We recycle them, another option.

I purchased cartons from Amazon twice. I bought a 140 bundle, yea I'll never have to buy again, well at least a long time. They hold 12 XL eggs. Well my Golden Comets started to lay Jumbo size and larger. 20160906_103011.jpg . Could not close carton. So I had to buy Jumbo cartons, 125 of them. Your chickens egg size will vary and may not get as big. The Golden Comets are 32 months old and the two remaining layers eggs are Jumbo size and up.
My new pullets, Barred Rocks (not yet laying) are said to lay Large to XL. I hope so as I got a lot of cartons for that size. GC

Back
Top Bottom