Buying Feed Online?

Bacchus

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Does anyone know where is a good place to buy feed online for cheap? Sorry if this topic has been covered, I already did a search but couldn't find it.

Murray McMurray sells some chicken feed according to their catalog. Randall Burkey does too, the organic stuff.
Unless you're feeding just a few birds I imagine the cost of shipping would kill ya.
I buy at least a 100 lbs. a month for 15 chickens right now. I wouldn't even want to know the shipping on that weight.

Quote:
LOL shipping will kill you, I don't know anybody who has bought bulk feed online.

AL

I buy bagged organic feed in bulk online. Ordering just a few bags at a time was too expensive ($25 feed + $20 shipping
ep.gif
), as long as I can place a large enough order the shipping becomes very reasonable -- but that means over 1000 lbs per order.

Since feed is generally sold in 50 lb bags, even if you could order "regular" (inexpensive, not organic) feed online the cost of shipping would still be close to $20 per bag. Surely there must be a feed store somewhere within $20 worth of gas from where you are.....

Thanks for the info, everyone! I looked through various sites and came to realize that shipping cost is a deal killer like many previous posters have said. I guess my best deal is to get feed from my local feed stores. Thanks again!

Look around at some decent size farming towns and check there. Then when you happen to drive through stock up. I save 4 dollars a bag for laying mash that way.

Back
Top Bottom