buying hatching eggs ????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Buckhunter, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Is there any hatcheries that sell less than a dozen hatching eggs of one breed ? I would like a mix of maran , welsummer, barnevelder , gold laced wyandote ..................... any advice ??????[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Get eggs from some one here breeding the ones you want. Put a wated to buy in the Buy/Sell/Trade area. You'll get better birds from breeders than from hatchery stock.

3. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I'm pretty sure you can mix and match at meyerhatchery.com. But in most cases you can buy the birds for about what you're paying for eggs.

I agree with MP. Post on here first.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. poultrypal

poultrypal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    I have GLW hens and rooster and would be happy to send you some of their eggs, I don't have then separated from the other chickens at this point so it may take me a few days.... let me know if you are interested.

5. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Hey Poultrypal, how much for the GLW eggs? I'm interested.
    Thanks
    Sylvia

6. Buckhunter

Apr 9, 2008
    thanks ........ I'm still looking for chicks but I may be purchasing a Bator soon ! ....... I'll check back !!!!!

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    There is a seller called "Leon Valley Trading Company" on ebay. they have a small/tiny hatchery with i guess around 250 birds breeding stock. Check what they have or see if you can call them. I had orded some 6 buff laced polish and 6 bantam/ gold laced cochin and had asked them if they can give me as extras some other breeds. I got 8 bflp,2 wcbp, 8 glc(b) and 2 pc(b). From a other seller i won 10+ silkies and asked for the same thing, i got 6 frizzles and 6 silkies of different colors.

8. poultrypal

Apr 16, 2007
    We get $1/egg plus shipping for the GLW if you are ever interested in the future let me know! Our rooster is very handsome!

9. Buckhunter

Apr 9, 2008
    do you have any other breeds besides GLW?

10. poultrypal

Apr 16, 2007
    Sorry, no other pure breeds - just mixes of the GLW. I'm hatching a silver laced with the golden - can't wait to see what that chick will look like. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by