Buying Worming Meds in Massachusetts

two-toed-tony

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2020
Newburyport, MA
Hi chicken people!

A few months ago I researched wormers and decided to buy some from the local farm coop near where I live in Massachusetts. I was promptly told that Massachusetts has a law prohibiting stores from selling worming meds in stores... and that I had to go to a vet to get some. I've called a bunch of vets within an hours drive of our town and no one sees chickens.

How do people buy worming medications in Massachusetts? If it's not practical to find a chicken vet to prescribe them, how do folks get them?

Hi chicken people!

A few months ago I researched wormers and decided to buy some from the local farm coop near where I live in Massachusetts. I was promptly told that Massachusetts has a law prohibiting stores from selling worming meds in stores... and that I had to go to a vet to get some. I've called a bunch of vets within an hours drive of our town and no one sees chickens.

How do people buy worming medications in Massachusetts? If it's not practical to find a chicken vet to prescribe them, how do folks get them?
can you order it online? what type of de wormer

Yes. Jeffers or Valley vet are my gotos. We have very limited options of dewormers for poultry so often you just need to sit down and calculate the doseage using a goat, horse or cattle product.

I can't answer your question, Tony, but since I didn't see your introductory thread, let me welcome you here to BYC. :frow Glad you joined and I hope you visit here often. No, I take that back. I hope you make BYC your chicken-keeping home! @Percheron chick gives good advice!

Back
Top Bottom