BYC’s BirdTober thread - 2023

452C23A8-AA2A-4BAE-BBFD-F5B0B9E8BDAB.jpeg

7F64D009-E289-4616-9FFC-3421A03D2162.jpeg

FINALLY I DON’T HAVE TO DRAW ANOTHER BIRD FOR ANOTHER YEAR
and I actually finished on time this year!!!
I don’t know why the maker of this birdtober was so specific with this prompt, I will probably never see this ocean-specific shorebird in my life.

View attachment 3673077
I don’t know why the maker of this birdtober was so specific with this prompt, I will probably never see this ocean-specific shorebird in my life.
Congratulations! Great drawings and great job keeping up. I need some tips..haha
Celebrate The Goose GIF by Bare Tree Media

View attachment 3673077
You’ve done a brilliant job keeping up! Like StinkyAcres said I need tips for drawing on time too. 😭
The maker was VERY specific for some of those prompts, weren’t they.

You’ve done a brilliant job keeping up! Like StinkyAcres said I need tips for drawing on time too. 😭
The maker was VERY specific for some of those prompts, weren’t they.
My tips, if you don’t have time during the day, get ready for bed at 9 and at 9:30 start drawing, put in some music in headphones. You should still have an hour to draw and get to bed on time at 10:30! Drawing means no social media before bedtime! This only works if you get home by 9 of course, this wasn’t a reality when I worked at Kwik Trip. Also only works if you don’t want to do something more elaborate.
Second tip: colorful birds get colors and uncolorful birds get pencil: speeds things up.
My other tip is to have fun and be creative with the prompts. Some of my favorite drawings were ones that were too time consuming to be practical and featured multiple subjects, but because I was having fun with it, I had the motivation to do it!

My tips, if you don’t have time during the day, get ready for bed at 9 and at 9:30 start drawing, put in some music in headphones. You should still have an hour to draw and get to bed on time at 10:30! Drawing means no social media before bedtime! This only works if you get home by 9 of course, this wasn’t a reality when I worked at Kwik Trip. Also only works if you don’t want to do something more elaborate.
Second tip: colorful birds get colors and uncolorful birds get pencil: speeds things up.
My other tip is to have fun and be creative with the prompts. Some of my favorite drawings were ones that were too time consuming to be practical and featured multiple subjects, but because I was having fun with it, I had the motivation to do it!
Very good tips! Thanks!

Oh yeah, last tip: don’t expect perfection. When drawing for 31 days, quality is going to vary from day to day. Invariably, my first day is the worst because I like to set low expectations as I get into the swing of things by experimenting too much. And usually in the middle there is something funky in the middle on a day I just can’t draw. And a bird with too big feet. And quality often suffers on the days when I just don’t want to draw anymore. 😂
Of course, there were some birds I was truly proud of.

Last edited:
Good job, @Amer!
I only did 2 drawings…. :(
I wound up being busier than I thought. I will probably just keep drawing the prompts at my own pace, so we’ll see when I actually finish.

Here are 2 more that I finished.
IMG_7228.jpeg

Spotted Sandpiper for Long-Legged.
I did it in watercolor, which I never really watercolor. It turned out pretty good for it being done by me, but I think I really need to practice watercolor more. I might touch it up a bit later.

IMG_6973.jpeg

Black Capped Chickadee for Backyard Bird.

Back
Top Bottom