BYC 2016 OTHER POULTRY TYPES CALENDAR - Pics Needed!

Pics
@Julie Bird they're so pretty! I always stop to look at the finches at our local hardware store (they have a big pet section with fish, turtles, snakes, birds, etc.). Never had one but I love to watch them and hear their chatter.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!
Awe, thank you @NorthFLChick and you are welcome. I love them so much. Their faces kill me, they're so cute. I think it's cool your local hardware store has little animals like that. Imagine going in there to get some tools and you decide to walk out with several birds and a turtle or a little snake. So cool.

Thank you for the ovation @buff goose guy

EEEE I love your honorary short-billed pygmy ducks! Jibby is just so cute. I love his handsome orange cheeks. I wish they weren't so skittish around you, though. Maybe if they ever had babies you could hand-raise them so they'd be super sweet and tame for you?
Weebeep, thank you Amykins. I love their cuteness. And I wish they weren't so skittish too. And, yes to hand raising them for tameness. I've seen online stories where folks have hand raised their zebras and the little things are super hand friendly. A dream come true. Mine have been doing the deed lately but she hasn't been laying. And in captivity they do lay year round.

My mom just emailed me and told me that one of my photos made it to the semifinals? Was she mistaken? I didn't even know she knew about BYC or was following this contest. I haven't seen any announcements or updates. What does she know that I don't? LOL!

(she was probably just mistaken, she does that a lot)
That would be so cool.

Weebeep, thank you Amykins. I love their cuteness. And I wish they weren't so skittish too. And, yes to hand raising them for tameness. I've seen online stories where folks have hand raised their zebras and the little things are super hand friendly. A dream come true. Mine have been doing the deed lately but she hasn't been laying. And in captivity they do lay year round.
My mom raised Zebras for years & they were always so friendly & handle-able, more so than the parents. They're so cute being so teensie & snuggly!

Awe, thank you @NorthFLChick and you are welcome. I love them so much. Their faces kill me, they're so cute. I think it's cool your local hardware store has little animals like that. Imagine going in there to get some tools and you decide to walk out with several birds and a turtle or a little snake. So cool.
It's a fun hardware store. The local grade school goes there at least once a year to see all the animals and hear about them. Their outdoor area with plants, ornamental planters, trees, etc. is about twice the size of the store. They even have a koi pond. Pretty nice place, it's always fun to stop in and see what's new.

It's a fun hardware store. The local grade school goes there at least once a year to see all the animals and hear about them. Their outdoor area with plants, ornamental planters, trees, etc. is about twice the size of the store. They even have a koi pond. Pretty nice place, it's always fun to stop in and see what's new.
it sounds like it would be a fun place to work at. I imagine they do great business with their diversity of offerings.

My mom raised Zebras for years & they were always so friendly & handle-able, more so than the parents. They're so cute being so teensie & snuggly!
Awe, so precious she got to handle some of hers. I love holding mine when I have to and they are so warm and soft. Their heads and faces and chests get kissed and then I release them. Poor things.

U r so right. They are so snuggly. When mine squeeze together and puff up, it just kills me. I LOVE BIRDS.

I got to visit a big Bird farm in Eastern Idaho! I was amazed! Her peafowl just got done molting in case you're wondering what happened to their feathers. She also had Ostriches but on another property. If you have questions on any of these birds just ask.

Java Green hen

Java Green cock up front Java Green hen in back.

Java Green peahen up front Java Green peacock in back.

Emus.

Back
Top Bottom