BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
It is updated but it still wont let me upload from my phone

It was tested on Android 3, 4 and 5. I wonder if there isn't something special about your phone. At what point does it fail? Does the menu come up? Does it let you browse for an image? What happens when it fails? Have you tried other images?

Last edited:
It was tested on Android 3, 4 and 5. I wonder if there isn't something special about your phone. At what point does it fail? Does the menu come up? Does it let you browse for an image? What happens when it fails? Have you tried other images?

I hit the button with the mountain and sun, then it says upload from my device, and when i hit it, nothing happens.

I hit the button with the mountain and sun, then it says upload from my device, and when i hit it, nothing happens.

As far as I can tell this is a problem with the Android 4.4.2 "openfilechooser" method. I believe it is fixed in 4.4.3, so if you can update your Android then it should work. Sorry I don't have a better answer at this time, there does not appear to be an easy solution.

The BYC app is now available through the Amazon App Store. All Kindle Fire tablets except first generation devices are compatible.

I want that app, too! I'm very new to this site (just signed up this morning) and new to raising chickens! Mine are just 2.5 weeks old! An app I could quickly access from my android phone would be really great!

Any updates on when we can expect push notifications from this app?

You mean you haven't read all 18 pages of this thread? ;)

Push notifications require API access through the forum software. I don't currently have access to any API's and don't know if they even exist. NiftyChicken might be able to contact the forum software support people and get more info.

Back
Top Bottom