1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. silkiesandbuffs

silkiesandbuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Well, I don't have internet on my computer anymore so I use my phone for everything. However, I can't upload pictures to BYC. So, I was just wondering if there might possibly be an app for BYC in the future. That preferably works on both androids and iphones. Is it possible that this may be an option for those of us that only use our cell phones?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately no plans right now for mobile apps.

A workaround for images is to use one of the many free image hosting sites that do have apps for mobile and then use the forum code to post the pics here.

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    On my iPhone I can save the forum to my home screen. Then it goes to my app section and I just click on it and it takes me here. I love it!

4. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    You can upload from an android platform phone. Sign in on your phone and go to uploads. You will see a small folder icon where the file box and browse button normally are. Click the folder and then navigate through the droid files until you find the photo you want to upload, click the photo. When it takes you to the next screen that shows your photo with the tags, long press on the bottom image tag then "copy all". When you go to the narrative box to post, long press in the box and then hit copy.

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    it would be cool to have an BYC app in the future

1 person likes this.
  6. StrictBaptist

StrictBaptist Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    Quote:I was told you can do this on android phones also, but I have yet to be able to,. Man I hope verizon picks up the Iphone next year

7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:I was told you can do this on android phones also, but I have yet to be able to,. Man I hope verizon picks up the Iphone next year

I hear that it's coming to Verizon in January.

8. silkiesandbuffs

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Thanks for the replies everyone I really appreciate it! I will try your suggestions and see if I can get my photos to upload. [​IMG]

9. silkiesandbuffs

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Ok, this is my first attempt at posting a picture. Hopefully it works!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:It did!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by