Investigating BYC Being Slow

The peeps that are experiencing the problem: Is it all area of the site and all the time, or just when you're doing certain things (like posting) and/or in certain areas?
It comes and goes, sometimes a page will load quickly, and other times it'll take over a minute.

BYC has been slow, and getting stuck for me too. I have to close it out half the time because I can't load a new page. Other websites are just fine, btw, so it's not my internet. I thought it was just because my PFM (premium feather membership that I won in a contest) ran out, and now there are ads. But maybe it's more than that.
To answer these questions
  1. What exactly were you doing (browsing an article. posting to a thread, etc.)?
  2. Instead of saying "the page loaded slow" please provide details like "I hit refresh and it took about 15 seconds for the page to load"
  3. What browser / version are you on?
  4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache / history of files:

1--Everything I do on BYC is slow, reading threads, trying to go to next page of a thread, clicking 'like', even opening the website.
2. It regularly gets stuck and the rainbow ball just spins, so I have to close it out.
3. I am using Safari version 11.0.2
4.Yes cleared history. No change in BYC. And as I said, all other websites, like Facebook, Youtube, etc are fine, no slowdowns.

Last edited:
. I keep getting a notice that the server isn't responding
Can you provide a screenshot, or a copy of the exact text that is in the message?

Maybe people without the Feathers membership are having trouble because of the pop ups?
I have ads turned on and running, and I'm not having any performance problems or slowness, so I don't think it's related to the advertising.

Back
Top Bottom