BYC Breed Pages Facelift - Help Needed - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TimG, sorry, when I said sizes I meant "weights".
big_smile.png
I'll edit my post.

shay20, the new system is still in development. Once completed we'll do some testing and then let the members start making submissions!

About the copyright laws, I am a moderator on a website, I wanted to post pics and content on our site from this other site (Mattel) all I did was ask, they sent me back all the info I needed, got permission to reuse, as long as the content I posted was shown to be from the appropiate person and/or Company ie: Mattel. No problems at all.

Brian- HCM

This article is helpful when trying to understand the complexities of US Copyright Law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_copyright

A few parts I found very helpful:

"An important limitation on the scope of copyright protection is the idea/expression dichotomy: While copyright law protects the expression of an idea, it does not protect the idea itself.

The distinction between "idea" and "expression" is a fundamental part of U.S. law, but it is not always clear. From the 1976 Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 102):

In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work.

A paper describing a political theory, for example, is copyrightable; it may not be reproduced by anyone else without the author's permission. But the theory itself (which is an idea rather than a specific expression) is not copyrightable. Another author is free to describe the same theory in his or her own words without violating copyright law, and in fact need not even give credit to the original author (although failing to do so may be considered plagiarism, an ethical transgression). Courts disagree on how much of the story and characters of a copyrighted novel or film should be considered copyrightable expression."

"Facts are considered synonymous to "ideas" or "discoveries" under this law and are not copyrightable. By extension, a compilation of uncopyrightable facts is also uncopyrightable... The protection is limited only to the selection and arrangement, not to the facts themselves, which may be freely copied."

Nifty-Chicken
Today 1:17 pm Everyone stay tuned... we're going to have a VERY VERY exciting announcement on this project within the next week or so!!!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I am exited already!!
love.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been working for MONTHS on this (maybe even years). Lots of hours and lots of money, and we're doing final testing and cleanup now.

BUT... that's only 1/2 of the battle!

Once this thing is launched we'll need EVERYONE to pitch in to make it the best breed resource ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom