BYC Breeders Directory

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sumi, Aug 22, 2016.

1. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Good idea on that! I had to bookmark this thread as it keeps getting buried on the other pages of this section.

2. ejcrist

ejcrist Songster

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Yeah I did that too. The subscription feature is great - glad we can do that. I don't know if you ever read the thread "Production, Eggs or Meat" but I was subscribed to that one for a while but it's so popular that I've had to read several pages to get caught up everytime I logged on, so I unsubscribed for the time being. For that one I figured I'd just query it when I want to see what's going on.

BlueBaby likes this.
  3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Now that I'm selling I guess I could do this.... Guess I'll send it in!

4. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Wrangler

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    There's someone with Silver Penciled Rocks in New England!? :D

5. Hay Belly

Hay Belly Chirping

Feb 7, 2010
    Breeders not including location is dumb when it's a big state like PA or CA. Why should I go to the trouble to contact them when they are hours away?

6. Metella

Metella Songster

May 26, 2013
    Hay Belly - I see your point - and agree on the surface - but there are many reasons not to zero in too closely to an address .... and frankly - I've driven over two states to get a quality bird or eggs not shipped - so my standard of how far I'll drive - let alone send out a simple inquiry - is much different than yours.

Remember people all have different set points - if yours is the time it takes to send a message if you then find out it is further than you want to drive - that is fine - but "dumb" is mean as well as showing a lack of understanding of the world and is that same closing in of outlook that doesn't allow for differences of opinions and other things - so be a little more relaxed about others - I'm sure with some research you will find a breeder in your circle of opportunity - just perhaps not online ???

Good luck finding your target birds.

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

I was just looking to see if any new ones have been added to this list.

8. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Our directory is growing slowly but surely! Thank you to everyone that submitted their info so far :) Any new breeders that would like to be added, please fill in your details on the form linked HERE and we will add you as soon as possible.

BlueBaby and KDOGG331 like this.
  9. DesertChic

DesertChic Crowing

Nov 13, 2014
    Southern Arizona
    What's the best way to update our listing? Use the form? Message you? My breeding situation has matured. :)

BlueBaby likes this.
  10. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    If you want to update your listing, send me a private message, please :)

BlueBaby likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: