BYC Buddies FitBit Group

Mine may be closer to a week than 2 in all honesty. Maybe I should try meal prep.

I am at my MIL’s again with my kids and there’s only so many circles I can make around her living room before it’s not fun. At least yesterday I was talking to my husband while walking in circles 🤣

The good thing is she lives down the road so I walk to her house and back.
If you're walking in circles a lot, you need a to reverse directions regularly. Otherwise you can get a repetitive motion injury. DH did, making rounds at the jail (he worked there for around a year--really, truly hated it :lau ) It was several years before his toes recovered. I told him he needed to reverse directions, but noooo.:gig🤷‍♀️

Speaking of snakes, a neighbor was just here getting pepper and eggplants. He told me about his neighbor that had put away a bag of opened potting soil in a sunny warm place. She reached into the bag to get some potting soil, felt movement and quickly pulled her hand back. When she carefully inspected the bag, she found two snakes (non venomous) and a pile of snake eggs. Needless to say, in the future, she will not be sticking her hand in a bag without first checking the contents.
Lucky her it wasn't a rattler... I will be behaving more circumspectly toward bags of dirt in future. We don't have rattlers (lucky us!) but being bitten by snakes is nasty. 🤢

I fed things like that to my hubby when he had a bone marrow transplant because there were so very many things he literally couldn't choke down, let alone keep down. I gave it to him as medicine, to help him recover from an extremely dangerous medical procedure. This is not something that ought to be eaten (certainly not in those quantities) as recreation.

Seriously, no one else needs to or ought to eat like that. Hardly anyone can eat like that consistently and remain in good health. Even if you're doing the triathlon, you can't eat like that. The calories, sure. The protein, absolutely, But the mounds of sugar and additives that went into creating that cup-o-💩! :eek:🤦‍♀️

You know, a small serving is every bit as enjoyable as a huge one. You eat slowly, no television, no nothing except the ice cream. Eat mindfully. Enjoy every little sensation and experience of eating that ice cream. Then when you have finished it, clean up and go outside. ENJOY the heat. It can be done. It's a state of mind. Enjoy your birds. Build some small thing for them you've been meaning to do. Teach them to take a sunflower seed from your fingers. Find something constructive and/or pleasurable to do. Carpe Diem.
Yeah, I definitely don’t need to be eating that stuff!! I didn’t realize it was so bad till after I ate it. :oops: and it’s not the only pint I’ve eaten this week :oops:

Granted, this one is way worse than the others I’ve eaten, but still, even half that would be bad.

And I really need to work on all that!! Cause to me the smaller stuff isn’t the same. :oops: I know it should be but I’m so used to the massive servings I feel like I got ripped off or something. 😂🤣🙈

It’s not just with ice cream. It’s with most sweets/junk now. I have to eat more and more to get the same result. :(

Today is a lot cooler, 67 instead of 83, but still just as gorgeous and sunny and much more my style, and I’m up early so I should be able to do a lot more today. I’m gonna go plant some plants before breakfast then maybe a walk or something after I eat.

I’m not sure I’ll ever actually be able to enjoy heat but I guess I could try. I know it’s a mindset, etc. but it’s hard when it’s like 90 and super muggy/humid and I’m sweating buckets just from stepping out the door 😂🤣🙈 and cause I get super dehydrated/sick easily. but I guess if I drink enough and maybe try the shade at first it might not be so bad. Yesterday actually really wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t that hot yet either.

I grew up in FL, hot & muggy, but I never realized what that meant until I lived in a house with no a/c! :lau
We actually caved in and turned on the AC those two days and set the thermostat to 80. I think both days I got the majority of my steps in after six.

If you're walking in circles a lot, you need a to reverse directions regularly. Otherwise you can get a repetitive motion injury. DH did, making rounds at the jail (he worked there for around a year--really, truly hated it :lau ) It was several years before his toes recovered. I told him he needed to reverse directions, but noooo.:gig🤷‍♀️

Thanks!! I’ll remember to do that. Well I will try not to walk around so much indoors and just wait til I’m back outside. When I’m outside I do change it up a bit.

My husband went to pick up some cows a few hours away which means I’m stuck in bed til the kiddos wake up. They are going through a growth spurt so they’ve been sleeping in.

Yesterday we put up a roll of field fence. I ordered this stuff online for the curbside pickup, so I didn't know what it looked like. When I saw it, I was like, "Oh 💩!" But we managed. Only DH can't, so I'm the one who got to unroll it, then scootch it back to the fence line--4' tall, 330' long, steel. Do you know what that weighs? (Neither do I, but it's dam heavy! :gig) My hip is protesting, so just don't expect too much from me today! 🤣

Thanks!! I’ll remember to do that. Well I will try not to walk around so much indoors and just wait til I’m back outside. When I’m outside I do change it up a bit.

My husband went to pick up some cows a few hours away which means I’m stuck in bed til the kiddos wake up. They are going through a growth spurt so they’ve been sleeping in.
Do you do the family bed thing?

Back
Top Bottom