BYC Buddies FitBit Group

Screenshot_20200603-192212.png
Screenshot_20200603-192219.png

I’m almost at 14k steps. Would have been more but we found our favorite rooster in his pen half alive. My puppy found him.

My husband thought the puppy had done it but after investigation we saw the feather trail. It started outside the pen and I guess my rooster knew his pen is a safe spot and ran inside.

The hawk must have decided it didn’t like being trapped and aborted his mission to escape the pen with a net over it so it couldn’t fly up, it had to go through the door it came in. I could see the net sagging where it had attempted to fly up and out unsuccessfully.

We are nursing him back to health. He’s not injured too bad but he is in shock so I hope he can get past the shock because his wound is not bad at all. It rained a bit today so I think it happened while it was raining. His spurs were bloody and my puppy had no injuries whatsoever so definitely not her.

3B729942-1E00-4F36-9E07-F93A3CFF0B31.jpeg

I’m almost at 14k steps. Would have been more but we found our favorite rooster in his pen half alive. My puppy found him.

My husband thought the puppy had done it but after investigation we saw the feather trail. It started outside the pen and I guess my rooster knew his pen is a safe spot and ran inside.

The hawk must have decided it didn’t like being trapped and aborted his mission to escape the pen with a net over it so it couldn’t fly up, it had to go through the door it came in. I could see the net sagging where it had attempted to fly up and out unsuccessfully.

We are nursing him back to health. He’s not injured too bad but he is in shock so I hope he can get past the shock because his wound is not bad at all. It rained a bit today so I think it happened while it was raining. His spurs were bloody and my puppy had no injuries whatsoever so definitely not her.

Awww no!!! I’m so sorry!!!! I hope he’ll be okay!!! :fl Chickens are pretty hardy so I think he will be. :fl

Awww no!!! I’m so sorry!!!! I hope he’ll be okay!!! :fl Chickens are pretty hardy so I think he will be. :fl

Yes, I know the wound will heal because I’ve treated worse injuries and the hen survived. I was just worried about his shock. But he’s fine now. He’s standing and drank water so he’ll be fine. He gave us a scare but we’re very hopeful.

And yay I made it to 14k steps!! I’m relaxing now. My husband says he never cared for chickens before and now he really wants his favorite rooster to make it.

Yes, I know the wound will heal because I’ve treated worse injuries and the hen survived. I was just worried about his shock. But he’s fine now. He’s standing and drank water so he’ll be fine. He gave us a scare but we’re very hopeful.

And yay I made it to 14k steps!! I’m relaxing now. My husband says he never cared for chickens before and now he really wants his favorite rooster to make it.
Yeah I know but that’s what I was meaning too, that I think he will pull through the shock. ❤️

And aww that’s sweet!! My dad really loves the chickens now too

Your chickens eat celery?? Mine won’t touch it.

Hmm I guess I’ll try celery juice one day but not today 🤣

Is it supposed to be healthy? I mean apart from the fact that celery is “healthy”
I like it. We used to juice a lot. You end up drinking a lot more veggies than you could possibly eat, but you don't get the fiber. You get these fad things blowing through. If you don't like celery juice, there's no real reason to drink it. Celery is one of the foods "they" say you ought to grow yourself or buy organic because lots of chemicals. 🤷‍♀️ Probably true. Carrots now, carrot juice is hard not to love when fresh, and they're reputedly grown pretty clean. Sweet, though. Not difficult to overdo it with carrot juice.

Back
Top Bottom