BYC Buddies FitBit Group

Aside from steps, the rest of my information is blocked, correct?
None of your bio information is available to the non-hacker public. With some of the newer exercise challenges like Bingo, in addition to step counts, participants will be able to take a guess at how many active minutes and miles you have completed. Even this depends on your use of the boo-boo prizes where you flip a tile that wasn't included in the pattern.

The military had a problem with enemies accessing fitbit GPS data to track movements of soldiers and discover secret operations of combat units. So there's that... I never heard what they did about it.

The fitbit doesn't have GPS capabilities on its own. It has to be paired with your smartphone or other device. So, if you go out without your phone, your movements cannot be tracked until you return to your phone or other bluetooth device and sync your fitbit. I have location services turned off on my tablet & don't have a smartphone. I'm sure a determined hacker could still find my tablet, but at present I'm not worried about it.

@Kiki inspired me to create a Fitbit group for BYC fitbit users to challenge and motivate each other! The group is called BYC buddies and sports a picture of my quail! If you own a fitbit, please join the group and this thread and we will have some fun!! If you don’t have a fitbit, feel free to follow along in our thread anyway!!
I would like to join but I’ve never done that and don’t have a clue what my fitbit email is. Unless you mean the email I used to setup my fitbit?

I would like to join but I’ve never done that and don’t have a clue what my fitbit email is. Unless you mean the email I used to setup my fitbit?
Yes..that is the email that we need or your exact Fitbit user name.

Back
Top Bottom