BYC Café

I remember when ADD ADHD meant you need to get outside and run it off. Maybe it wasn't so much a 'time' as it was a kind of raising.lol
I've had parents who said their child was ADHD because they were constantly nudgy and moving--but when questioned, said they slept well and enjoyed watching movies. You can't turn off ADHD

Since we're headed south, that seemed like a good idea.
Then the heartworm vax is a good idea. Warm places are a hotbed of heartworm.

ThatDAMNGroundHog
is excavating under the coop shed!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Time for the Havahart and maybe some lead.

I had one take up residence under my garden shed. I blocked off all 3 of the access holes with big rocks.
That won't slow them down, they'll just move over or dig under. They are built for digging.

This is from the front porch doorbell cam at M&As house (dad's former house).
:eek: Checking out the garage?

These yearly check ups where more often than not they will also get every injection available, is rather detrimental to their health triggering all kinds of autoimmune reactions.
Our strictly indoor cats get only rabies and only because they are required. It isn't warm enough here for heartworm to live through the mosquito part of the life cycle and all the other things they vaccinate for require contact with other animals. Besides there not being any close neighbors, an animal would need to bring a trampoline to get high enough to breathe on the cats if they are in an open window (with screens of course) in the warmer months.

:eek: Checking out the garage?
He walked right across the length of the front porch in front of the picture window in the sitting room and off into the woods.
I did text M to let him know I told A that one day the neighbor across the street called my mom to tell her not to go into the garage or let the dogs out that way. She saw a mother bear and her two cubs go in the garage door. They always kept the bay doors open. My mom peaked out and sure enough, they were in raiding the bird seed can.
Dad started closing the bay doors after that.

So today was the Great Coop Cleanout day. I'm whooped.

There is a lot of prep before I start the cleanout. I have to weed all the garden beds, move the entire left bay of compost to the beds and turn it in, had to make the trip to get the hemp bedding and straw (got side tracked with dragons), then shovel out the bedding one wheelbarrow at a time and layer it back into the left bay with the "greener" stuff from the right bay. Once I had all the bedding out I hit all the coop surfaces with the leaf blower to blast out as much dust as I could. That sent the 5 girls that were in the boxes out the door in a tizzy.

Then I scrubbed down some of the heavier wall poop spray areas and the edges of the boards, sprayed the entire coop down with Elector PSP, then sprayed the run and bedded down the coop when I was done. I'm glad I only do this once a year!

I'm also on day 3 of their flubendazole worming. I'm really glad I'm doing it. There were A LOT of round worms on the boards this morning. One of the girls had a pretty heavy load because there was a wad of about a dozen worms with no poop on them. Gross!
I washed all the poop buckets then put everything away and scooped the doggie doo out of the lawn.

Before any of this commenced, the neighbor called and asked if he could borrow my portable battery jumper so we could get his lawn tractor running so I could cut my grass... for the first time this year other than a few small areas. The front left tire was flat. I pumped it up and he could hear it hissing. The side walls are dry rotted. I tried some fix-a-flat I had but that was a joke because the splits were so long. He told me to just keep pumping up the tire. But the damn thing came off the rim!! So I pushed it into my driveway and will have to get a tube for it and try to finish the lawn later this week. I got about half of it done.

Now I have to prep breakfast, lunches and dinner for tomorrow, clean the house, make dinner for tonight, color my hair and take a shower.

The dogs did not get a run today.

Back
Top Bottom