BYC Café

Maybe I should look for some the next time I go to the store (whenever that might be)...sounds like it might be a good thing to have on hand.
It last much longer than fresh milk but it does taste different.
If you like milk in drinks or even for cooking it's a great thing to have on hand.
I'm slowly undergoing a diet change. Lots of reasons. The current crisis has accelerated the process.
I'm in the high risk category with regard to the virus and the area in which I live will, as time goes by, be a high risk area. The towns and some of the villages here are not taking the same level of precautions that areas that already have high levels of infection are. Lots of reasons for this as well. In theory I could limit my trips to civilization to once a month assuming the vegetables I've planted thrive. Even if they don't, I can barter, or buy from local producers.
I don't have much storage space so pulses and dried fruits are available dry and that's fairly new cooking techniques for me.

We could learn from this but we probably won't.

We won't. The vast majority of the human population chooses to react and not think. I believe the results of that have been quite widely publicized.

We might have it, I've never looked for it though. Is it canned or boxed milk that you get off the shelf (as opposed to a refrigeration case)?

I believe here we call it Pasteurization.

I'm in the high risk category with regard to the virus and the area in which I live will, as time goes by, be a high risk area.

You know you need to add "I need to quit smoking" to your To Do list... and then actually do it.

Good morning, Cafe. Chilly frosty morning but will warm up nicely.

I've got my and DHs federal and state tax returns submitted. Moms are ready to go if only I could find her last years AGI or PIN. She never brought me that return. :idunno I think I'll take a WAG on the PIN and give it a shot. Worst thing that can happen is it gets rejected and I'll have to use the Pony Express route of having her 2018 tax transcripts mailed to me.

Back
Top Bottom