BYC Café

thanks for the coffee Shad. Clouding over here but still dry so the chooks are happy.

A 100-year old friend had a heart attack yesterday; she was still living in her own home, looking after herself by and large. This is a very bad time to need hospitalization :(
Not a good time to need medical care.:(

I know just a little of being a Jew. The Shul ( our version of church) didn't pass the plate but, you had to pay plenty(?) to be a member. Don't know how much but my mother said we couldn't afford to join. My father had a lousy job.
Didn't help that she had 3 kids when they couldn't afford one. She was in competition with my aunt(who married mom's brother).

My mom had kid 1, my aunt had kid 1 and so on down to 3 kids each. My mom had 2 daughters and one son. My aunt had the opposite.

A friend in the neighborhood(Chicago) invited me to join her at the Shul for high holiday services. I had no idea what was being said/sang it was all Hebrew and I didn't know any.

Just lip synced to the songs so people would think I belonged there. The beat of the music was inspiring though to someone who knew next to nothing.That was the end of my religious involvement. :(

Last edited:
Okay time for sad and honest the little died while I was cleaning coops .. Other back in the day Ma was involved sang with the lutheran choir my sperm bank father was violent she finally cold cocked him with a cast iron skillet.. Then drug him outside the door he tried to came back in his dog bit him.. She divorced him kept the dog a gsd with us kids but was told to leave the church because she divorced him .... Need less to say we had lot's of bible no church .... she met my Dad in 64 they married later stayed that way till he died in 1974

Back
Top Bottom