BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe. Another beautiful day here.

Not at home, Meg, up at a club in Wilkesbarre, Pa.

Outdoor activity, easy social spacing, AKC says it's a go with the use of common sense. Early hit states here in the NE are beginning a gradual reopening due to the reduction in cases. People in this part of Pa evidently using common sense as folks are here in NJ. We stopped for ice cream on the way home - No use of outdoor tables, spacing at order/pickup windows, get it and go. Needed something after the horrible lunch we were served. I will admit most did not social distance at lunch - the Princess and I ate at a table by ourselves.
Most things are still cancelled here-- nothing with more than 50 people so no fireworks this July 4th and the county fair in August is cancelled

Yesterday from the drive way I saw red flowers on my old turkey pens. I had to go look.
I have not been in that pasture in a long time. lol
This is what I found.
View attachment 2171446
View attachment 2171447
View attachment 2171448
Trumpet vine and blackberries. lol I have asked Dh to plant trumpet vine for the humming birds for years! Now I have one! :loveI knew the humming birds kept coming around looking for something near the porch. But I did not want to put up a feeder.
The vine looks good!

The blackberries have a lot of blooms and some green berries. They will be ripening in a couple of weeks for us here

I'm late, I'm late - brewed a new pot.

Took one step back today. We woke up early and attended a field trial. 2 male classes, limited entries, limited participants, some mingled - the Princess and I socially distanced. Now, that's difficult for me as I am a hugger, hand shaker. Told everyone, "We're from NJ. We only elbow bump." Ran two dogs who performed to suit me. One did not get used due to a mistake in the run, but the other won his class for his second win. Last trial we attended was back in March. One thing for sure, there is very little traffic on the roads. People in Pa and NJ are behaving.
Congratulations on the win Mr sourland.:clap

Progress update on Dad's house.
I ended up painting the ceiling in the great room. Absolutely needed it.
View attachment 2171036
Got most of the LED up lights installed. I need another 16'. But boy do they brighten up the room.
View attachment 2171038
I also did a color enhancer and sealer on the field stone.
View attachment 2171039

And I did a little of the floor in one of the lower level bedrooms. It actually looks a lot better in real life.
View attachment 2171041
Looking good DL.

That is a TON of work!
I know it isn't your doing but IMO that hearth/fireplace is WAY too big for the space.
What I listed was actually only about 12 hours of work.
The room is huge. It's hard to really show the scale. It will look much more pulled together after the floor and trim are in and the walls are painted.

Back
Top Bottom