BYC Café

My mask has elastic that goes all the way around my head and neck top and bottom.
It works pretty good, can adjust it down off my lower lids.
ETA...mask is a well done homemade one, double layer cotton with pleats and a nose wire that is worthless but has a nice pocket so wire could be improved but I don't find it necessary.

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made. tea bags, milk and sugar are on the counter.
It's already hot.
I guess I'll stay in the shade and play with masks.
Now that the movement restrictions have been lifted and people are out and about again some of us are waiting to see if there will be a rise in the infection rate before we make any long term plans.

Good morning Cafe.
Thanks for the coffee Shad.
Just right temps here today, with passing fluffy white clouds.
Chicks are nearly 6 weeks old and I'm hoping to establish their genders soon... Kenfig's comb is reddening, and Harlech is bigger than the rest, so I think there's 2 boys at least...
My latest brood just turned 9 weeks. I did have 3 boys and 5 girls but Malcolm died in his little freak accident when he was 6 weeks old.
Meet.. Fabio's kids
Morgan
IMG_20200701_190109126.jpg

Mallory
IMG_20200701_185625347.jpg

Mackenzie
IMG_20200701_185629515_HDR.jpg

And Captain's kids...
Mystic - grey chick
IMG_20200701_185521326.jpg

The boys, Matrix, who has more of a green sheen to his feathers...
IMG_20200701_185755546.jpg

And Maximilian, who has more of a purple sheen.
IMG_20200701_185521326.jpg

I couldn't get a decent picture of MaeDay because she is so shy she hid under the Ninebark and kept circling it every time I tried to get a picture of her!

Mornin', y'all! :frow

We got rumbled at quite a bit yesterday, but relatively little rain, thankfully. We'll see if we are so lucky today. I heard the bug truck spraying on the path behind our property last night, but I doubt it did much good - it seldom does. I've pretty much resigned myself to taking baths in bug spray whenever I expect to be out in the yard for more than a couple of minutes . . . ugh.:sick
There are a lot of DIY plans for them.

My masks are all DIY. I waited to make them until the local hospital posted plans for masks that they would accept for use by their staff (not the front-line doctors and nurses, of course - they get the N95's!). These have two layers of cotton cloth, and two layers of interfacing to help with filtration, plus a pocket into which you could slip additional filter material. Annoyingly, by the time I found these plans, I could no longer find elastic, and it turned out I hadn't any leftovers from previous projects, so I've had to resort to ties. Ah, well, at least they are washable and reusable - hubby tells me disposable face masks have become a common litter item he finds on a lot of properties these days *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom