BYC Café

I'm leaving the big guy under the Beautyberry. The Beautyberry has iridescent purple berries in autumn. I think he'd be too cute looking a bit like an iridescent black dragon with purple highlights under that shrub. But I certainly do like the look of the green wash on the link you provided.

What a day after what a night...

Our dog, Mara, had a seizure last night, her first ever. It took 2 hours for her to calm down. We sat on the floor with her, not sure if she was going to be ok. Eventually, we all went to bed. Neither DH or I slept well.

Today, she was much better, but has diarrhea again, and is very lethargic. She ate some boiled chicken and rice, and really liked it. Dinner had some canned pumpkin mixed in.

I worked in the garden while DH stayed in the house with Mara. Tomorrow is his turn to work outside.

I am winning the war on the grass that is creeping in under the fence. I pile the diggings into the cart and haul it up the hill to dump next to the greenhouse. I'm slowly burying the foundation in dirt/grass/logs/rocks, one cartful at a time.

I'm whupped. Two hours to lockup, then to bed.

What a day after what a night...

Our dog, Mara, had a seizure last night, her first ever. It took 2 hours for her to calm down. We sat on the floor with her, not sure if she was going to be ok. Eventually, we all went to bed. Neither DH or I slept well.

Today, she was much better, but has diarrhea again, and is very lethargic. She ate some boiled chicken and rice, and really liked it. Dinner had some canned pumpkin mixed in.

I worked in the garden while DH stayed in the house with Mara. Tomorrow is his turn to work outside.

I am winning the war on the grass that is creeping in under the fence. I pile the diggings into the cart and haul it up the hill to dump next to the greenhouse. I'm slowly burying the foundation in dirt/grass/logs/rocks, one cartful at a time.

I'm whupped. Two hours to lockup, then to bed.
Wow. What a terrible time!
Did the Addison's disease suspicion get confirmed or are the vets still trying to figure it out?

Can I ask what you feed her?
Until a week ago yesterday, she had been eating Purina Pro (?) with chicken and probiotics. We started her on that after she got really bad diarrhea about a year ago. It seemed to do well with her, and she liked it. I like dry food for their teeth, and ease of feeding. And less mess and cost.

Last Friday, after her check up and re-up on her vaccines, she didn't want her food. Ok, she didn't feel so hot after all the shots. Friday afternoon, the vet calls with the information about her having low protein, and as well as a suspicion of Addison's.

Over last weekend, we mixed some canned food with the dry, but she wasn't really hungry. Last Sunday night, she had BAD, clear the room, gas! (At least it was warm enough to open the window! :eek: ) Monday she went for the Addison's test. No breakfast given, per vet. Some more chemicals, a test, and home. That's when the diarrhea started.

Several of these things listed diarrhea as a side effect, but Tuesday, I was worried enough to call the vet, and they could see her right then. Two more pills: An anti diarrhea, and a probiotic.

Still going with the canned food mixed with a few dry crunchies... not much interest, but eating some. The diarrhea slowly cleared up, and yesterday, DH said she had a solid poop on her morning walk. It was a little soft later in the day.

Sooo... TMI, but she's been eating a little dry food, some canned (Purina and Blue Buffalo), some canned pumpkin, a few spoonfuls of yogurt, and today, boiled chicken and rice.

She is positive for Lyme Disease; she may had it when we adopted her 3 years ago. She'll 11 now.

Any input from anyone is welcome. Last night I was really scared; I thought we were losing her.

Back
Top Bottom