BYC Café

Definitely need some relief mechanisms, but don't trash your bod.<cringe>
Running can be a dangerous addiction, have several friends who are near crippled now due to it.
Some people get really crazy about it. I never did. Why damage your body doing something that is supposed to be good for it?
I never did or wanted to do a marathon or even a half marathon. When it gets to the point where your body is eating itself for energy to get you through the run, you have some serious issues IMO.
I usually kept it to 5Ks. We did do some "7 at 7"s (ran 7 miles at 7 in the morning) but the tradition was followed by a nice chat fest and breakfast when we were done. And the run was really a jog. Nobody in my running group was one of those whippy runners.
I'm not racing anyone. I'm doing this for me only.

I'm not racing anyone. I'm doing this for me only.
I miss running.

Well, I still have coffee - brewed some for the lot of us. Good morning. Took a picture of Maggie yesterday with her front legs on my shoulders and head on my upper chest. I've shrunk to 5'6" according to the doctor, but that's still a big dog. Have to get her spayed SOON.

I never could run worth a crap. A friend of mine (two years older and two inches taller) told me to "just move your legs faster!" :gig

I did a lot of biking when I was a teenager. No helmets back then, about three inches of "shoulder" on the road, lots of curves. Beautiful place to ride, but I'm lucky I never got run over and made part of the pavement.

Time for more coffee. I went back to bed after I took care of the chickens this morning. Windows open, fan on, cool air making me want the comforter back on.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
I simply MUST get some drywall today and try to get it installed in the cellar stairwell. It's a good day to do it. I can cut it and rasp it outside on the deck and keep most of the mess out there.
I jogged a little over 1.6 miles 2 days ago. I'm completely changing my form so I'm hitting all kids of muscles that I don't normally use heavily. I was walking real funny yesterday. I feel better this morning so I'll do the same run again today.
@pertnear09 and @ronott1, I hope it doesn't get as hot as it's been or is predicted. I just don't know how you cope with weather like that.
@penny1960, nice work!
Thanks for the coffee!

The new min split heat pump make the house much more comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom