BYC: Call and thank Chris Koster!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by cjeanean, Jul 19, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    MISSOURI STATE SENATOR CHRIS KOSTER:
    (In a notice sent out to Missouri residents)

The legislature continues to make agriculture a priority by passing SB 931, a large-scale ag bill. The measure makes participation in the USDA's National Animal Identification System [NAIS] program VOLUNTARY, creates a state sales tax exemption for the purchase of fuel used for agricultural purposes, fencing supplies and any equipment used in forestry, and issues an income tax credit for the costs of building an alternative fuel station.

~

I think now would be a good time for all us chicken freaks to call and thank the Senator for allowing Missouri to stay voluntary on this NAIS issue. Even if you're not a Missouri resident, it's still nice that at least one senator stepped up and listened to the voice of the people!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    BTW, here is the contact info for this senator. I just think it would be a good idea to let these people know when they do something right!!! We always make it a point to call when something's wrong, so now it's time to say thanks. Here ya go, BYC'ers!

Senator Chris Koster - MISSOURI
    Capitol Office:
    State Capitol Building
    Room 225
    Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
    (573) 751-1430
    FAX: (573) 751-9751

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I have sent an email to him thanking him for his support.

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

I have sent an email to him thanking him for his support.

Thanks!!! That's so awesome!!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by