BYC Chat Trivia Contest?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

About a year ago chickchair told me that there use to be contests on chat where a chicken / BYC related question was posted and people would seek for the answer. The first person with the correct answer won something.

Is this something y'all would be interested in starting back up?

If yes, let's talk about how we want to structure it. If anybody remembers how they use to work (pros, cons, challenges, good ideas, etc.) please let us know.

2. sclanimals

sclanimals Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
    Utah
    sounds like fun!
    let's do it!

3. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Only if we get to call you Alex Trebec!

4. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] I'm all in [​IMG] Sounds like a great idea!

5. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    OH MAN! I remember playing with alot of other members. There would be so many of us in the room at one time people would get booted, we would have a great time! I would so love to be a part of it if it starts up again!

~Casey

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds like it might be fun! I dont go into chat very often...maybe I need to. Sometimes chat goes so fast, I get lost. [​IMG]

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    If I remember right, each week there would be a new host who asked maybe 15-20 chicken related questions. Things like..."How many toes does a silkie have?" or "What breed has no feathers on it's neck?" I don't remember if there were prizes or not. I never won, lol.

If there were prizes it was probably a jar of Chickchair's famous homemade jam, but I think it was just bragging rights for the week.

Anyway's if Nifty is interested in doing this I would be willing to host the first game, & would come up with a list of questions for Nifty's approval. Let me know.

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Yeah, prizes, how about a t shirt.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Question Nifty -

We have a fairly standard group of chatters through out the day and evening. With 20 of us in chat the script stalls and lags. The server also disconnects and people play a revolving door of in and out that gets to be ridiculous when you have been dumped at least a doz times in less than 10 min. How are you going to be able to accomodate all the extra people that will come to chat to play games?

10. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    We could always do it in a thread online. That way everyone logged on could play.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by