BYC Cookbook -- Try recipes and post pics and results! :)

I've been going thru some cookbooks lately and I really do think this is one of the very best cookbooks I own. The recipes are all so awesome. You won't regret getting this cookbook. It's put together expertly and the chicken artwork is adorable. (I was a printer years ago so I feel a little bit qualified to give an opinion!
gig.gif
)

Tonight I made CHicken Pot Pie from three sources.

I made 216 3/4 pie crust courtesy of The Chicken Lady from page 147 of the cookbook.

Then I combined the recipes of Southern Belle and Bananas for Chicken Pot Pie from page 75.

I found some personal size pie dishes at a cool kitchen shoppe and made 4 pies.

18_11-7_002.jpg

Flaky crust, perfect combo of veggies and meat, creamy gravy!

Thanks, Ladies!

Can chicken eggs be frozen? I over heard on a recent chicken coop tour that this lady would crack an egg into an ice tray and freeze them and then move them to a seal-a-meal bag for storage in the freezer. Anyone try this and how long do the eggs keep for?

Can chicken eggs be frozen? I over heard on a recent chicken coop tour that this lady would crack an egg into an ice tray and freeze them and then move them to a seal-a-meal bag for storage in the freezer. Anyone try this and how long do the eggs keep for?

I have frozen eggs for a few years now... All I've ever done was put eggs in bowl, mix and store in freezer bags. I'll get a few smaller bags then add to a gallon size freezer bag to double seal them. I mark how many (and don't forget to date them too) in each bag and do different amounts so if a cake calls for two or three eggs all you have to do is thaw and put in your recipe... I've used them for up to six months and I've yet had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom