BYC Cookbook -- Try recipes and post pics and results! :)

I just made the "Cheesy Beef and Rice" from Poppycock on page 65 for dinner today. It is good! Now I am making a second pan to go in the freezer!
droolin.gif

The best thing about that cookbook is that if you have any questions, you can PM the person!

On Christmas Day, my DH got annoyed that I kept going through all the pages of the cookbook instead of opening new presents.

I thought I remembered a thread like this.

I've made my own Oatmeal Chocolate Bars and Tortilla Soup. I also used the pastry crust from Katy/Kansas' "Cheesecake with Pastry Crust" recipe (no photos of it). The Pastry Crust worked very well and made a stiff base for the chocolate cheesecake I made for my husbands birthday on the 30th.

The Oatmeal Chocolate Bars (page 170) are next to the Ginger Pigs:

Tortilla Soup - page 41:

Unfortunately, if you didn't give a first/last name or a first initial/last name you didn't get credit as a contributor in the back of the book.
sad.png

Last edited:
I got my cookbook yesterday and I am thrilled! The art is very nice. And I love the envelope in the back to add recipes that I have cut out from elsewhere.
I have eggs boiling now to try out some of the deviled egg recipes and a shopping list started to try the other things I want.
I better not go too far into the book until I shed some winter holiday weight. Having four shirts on makes me feel rather ...fluffy.
Thank you all for putting it together!

I made Joe-somebody's Peach Crisp just last night. But now I'm at my office and have been trying to search his User Name so I can thank him, but forgot the exact spelling!

It was great!

Wow... I totally didn't even think of this. I've used it once now but didn't take any pictures of dinner.

I will for SURE take photos next time I do now that I notice the thread is here.
smile.png

I've been using it a lot! I made Artichoke Dip, Angel Food Cake, Golden Sponge Cake, Katy's French Toast Custard (made with homemade Cinnamon Bread-it was wonderful!), every recipe I have tried has been very good-thanks for the hard work that everyone put into it, I love this cookbook!

Back
Top Bottom