BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yup!!! All of the above!!!
Ever since I was little and lived in England (dad was air force)... whenever I saw a picture of visited the castles, ya always see them strutting the castle grounds. So I always associated peafowl as status symbols. Well, by golly, I want a status symbol in MY yard too!! hehehe

FELLOW CROCHETERS

Calling up on any of you wanting to help. As you know Okie is expecting (maybe twins again) well it was brought to our attention that another BYCer is expecting triplets. She is on bedrest now. We have started a thread for a Babyghan Shower Sendoff for our 1st granny square baby afghan for Okie. Well I am Now requesting ANY and ALL crocheters to help, so we can do a total of 4 or 5 afghans. Please check the Crochet Baby Afghan project let me know if this is possable...
thumbsup.gif
Just think how cool this would be to get these young Momma's BYC blankies for their babies
thumbsup.gif

Here Okie has found Michaels is having a sale on yarns and so is Walmart the Vannas Choice and the Bernat Baby are good choices.
love.gif

Quote:
celebrate.gif

So Please take a second to decide to help, If we get enough of us it won't take long...
ya.gif

What do ya think????

big_smile.png
Karan

Skand...... your peafowl are beautiful. Is you male an India Blue?

Okie, I got mine on a whim, for my mom. She has always said she wanted to have a peacock in the yard because she loves their look and colors.

chel

Quote:
Like waving a cold beer under the nose of an alcoholic!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
hiccup!

Those peafowl are gorgeous!! I hear they are good watchdogs too, not quite like guineas but noisey when alerted. Very pretty!

The extra babyghans sound pretty Karan. I would wonder if a proud mom with a new baby wouldn't want to wrap it in a blanket that didn't look ragtag though, meaning, all the same color at least. I could be wrong but a mixed up crazy looking afghan might not be as "sweet" as one in all soft greens or yellows or white....just my opinion and I am only one person here so please feel free to disagree and I will certainly go with the majority, I totally believe in democracy!! Just a thought. Is there a pattern or is that random? What size are the squares to be? I could make them at lunch when you decide. If they are 4" squares, regardless of the pattern, those will make up really fast. Just let us know Karan, you will make a good decision I'm sure.
smile.png

Yes SE, more baby afghan is very Eggciting
celebrate.gif

So many eggpecting Mommas on BYC, who knew
clap.gif

I have been looking through and have some patterns set as side just for this. Some of the patterns have color combinations and the squares are 3 1/2 to 4 inches, so you are right they will be very easy to hook them out . Just need to get some details pinned down, more Crocheters and volunter to assemble each one. LC is going to assemble Okies. I did a test square of one of the patterns Okie liked because the pattern did not say size of finished square. It is 3 1/2 inches and was very quick to do.
These were the only baby yarns I had on hand.
12535_p1030784.jpg

they are to be stitched on the back row so there is a raised edging all around. I like these colors too for a girl. could do a light blue in place of the pink would be pretty.

What do ya think? this is just one pattern.

big_smile.png
Karan

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

WOHOOOO lots of babies!!!
5.gif

i am working on something so cool!!! i cant wait to get it finished to show y'all!!!!
2.gif

3.gif

gonna be another nice day here today 65 again!! im loving this weather!!
2.gif

3.gif

10.gif

hey Karen did you ever send out my chive plants?
9.gif

12.gif

13.gif

14.gif

15.gif

16.gif

2.gif

3.gif

well off to work on my project have a wonderfully hookin day!!!!

Last edited:
Chel, yeah, Bloo is an India Blue. lol That one of yours I said was a pied, the word I couldnt find is ... she's a spalding. Pied means a lil bit of white, when they are mottled looking, it's considered a spalding. She's gorgeous tho. You could possibly if you had both a male and female, get a white outta em. Got a spare hen by chance? lol

I'm in for baby-ghans.. lemme know what colors to get, and a simple pattern will work for me! OR should I just go and get a couple of each color? lol

You can order them from Murray mcmurray, or if you know someone that has them, you can beg to buy a couple.
We got ours at a really really good deal. The lady that had these ones, her hubby was dyin and she couldnt go out and mess with them that much. So we got two wild and wooly peafowl for $80 at 2 years old. Normally they can go up on price depending on where you are at. A good usual is a $100 beginning...if you can tell what it is. I'd say 80 is a good start for a few month old chick that you arent sure of what it is. Hens dont get as flashy as boys, they can still raise the tail and all. They do make a knock sound and a honk sound just like the male. THey dont have the weehaww sound at the end of the honk.
They are super cool, nervous lil birds. They eat the same as our chickens. game bird food. they love berries. bread, crackers, bread

hey SK how much do peacocks usually cost? i love them and collect ceramic ones and would love to have a live one! are they easy to take care of? what do they eat??

Chel and SK I second this question
wink.png
thumbsup.gif

Do I really need more animals?
lol.png

ETA: we posted at almost the same time
tongue.png
I don't think my husband would go for that much for a pair of birds
sad.png
Even if they are peacocks​

Last edited:
Quote: