BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you are doing better Scoot, just be careful if you try to mix hooking and a warm bath the wet yarn burns more when you pull it across the fingers and it wants to stick to the fingers too.
wink.png

Fay, which was supposed to come my way but went south, sat off the coast and is shloshing her way NW, was a big disappointment for me. So far 3 days of misty rain, no sun. The poor folks living closer to the coast are getting all the rain and some are having to get around by boat. I have kept everybody penned up since we do get occasional strong wind gusts throughout the day, they are all patiently waiting to regain their freedom.

I tend to do most of my hooking while waiting to pick up my girls from school. Since they don't get out now until 4:30 I have to get there at least 90 min before school gets out to get in line or we won't get home until almost 6. Since Fay is hanging around I am hooking in the rain as I can't sit in my car with the windows up.

hey everyone in the storms path glad you're ok.

Scoot don't rush things just relax and make everyone wait on you, you deserve it.

Hey I've made 19 squares so far, and I can't stop.

P.S. don't tell DH but I bought more yarn today.....shhhhhhhh. he'll hear you laughing!

LOL!!! Purr, you're a hookin machine!! A real bonafide HOOKER!!!!
thwelcomebirds-1.jpg
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Ya'll can use my smilies, I share well!! Just right click on them and save them onto your desktop and upload them into your own photobucket, then delete off your desktop and use them from your photobucket whenever you want..easy peasy!! Here are some you might like....
thCROCHET1.jpg
thcrochetaddict.jpg
thcrochetcup.jpg
thcrocheting1.gif
thcrochetfairy.gif
thCrochetSmiley.gif
thcrochetproud.gif
thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg
thhookedoncrochet.gif
thknit.gif
thluv.gif
thtejehs4.gif
ththi-do-crochet.gif
ththcrochet.jpg
thyellowbirdsmall.jpg
thWelcomeToCrochetville_Blinky01.gif
thCrochetThisAnimated.gif
thcrochetneedle.jpg
thcrochethook.jpg
thcrochet_bag_200.jpg
thcrochet_washcloth_300.jpg
thcrochet6.gif
thcrochet4.jpg
thCrochet2Dyarn20balls.jpg
thcrochet-olympics.jpg
thCROCHET-1.jpg
thcrochet.gif
thcro_hearts.gif
thCrochetNeedles.gif
I think alot of these would be awesome avatars or great to use in your signature lines..feel free!!! Oh, here's me working on my latest project...
thcrocheting.jpg
it's a string bikini....
gig.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
lol.png
lol.png
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Scramble that is great,,
cool.png
I love the mower dancer
lau.gif

And the granny crocheting with the string bikini comment LMBO
lau.gif

Just the right type of laughing after a crazy running day
hugs.gif
THANK YOU
big_smile.png

Maw those are just too cute great job... Right now I am just sticking with my squares I'm on # 20 right now....
ya.gif

I am sure glad everyone is OK so far through the storms..

And Scoot just go soak in another bubble bath and relax. It's ok for you to take some U time
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Just began getting a little more wind and light rain late this afternoon. Nothing too bad so far and it is expected to track right across us. We live about 30 miles west of Gainesville.

The power flickered off and on while I was typing this and it knocked me off the internet. We had a little higher wind gust so it must have affected the power lines somewhere else. Our power lines are underground so they aren't affected by wind.

I think we will be fine and we surely need the rain. The chickies and turkeys are all tucked in their coop so they are fine. I just really don't want the power to go off because I have six turkey eggs in the incubator. One hatched a little while ago, another has pipped and the others are expected to do so tomorrow.
fl.gif
I told my dh he and I might both have to wear turkey bras like someone on the other BYC board did one time if the electricity goes off. She kept the chickie in her bra to keep it warm. Now isn't that a picture.
lol.png

I have my squares done and I am working on a market bag. I'll post pics when it gets recognizable.
smile.png

Beverly

Last edited:
Leep!! I remember that chick-in the bra story, lol!!!! That was so crazy!!! She must have had a better endowment plan than me or the chick would have frozen to death!!!!
gig.gif

Maw..the egg thingies are adorable!!
smile.png
smile.png

Yeah, ya'll use all the gifs above that you want, save them so you'll have them all when a crazy moment strikes or if you want to change your avatars or whatever...here is yet ANOTHER awesome crochet site, lol!! http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/squares.html

Hey
, how many of ya'll are members of Crochetville.org? That site is so packed with cool crochet it rocks!!! Patterns & pictures everywhere!!! Lots of crochet-a-longs and charity options too, very nicely organized crochet site, the best I've seen really. I just joined this week but haven't had time to sit and go through it enough to make a post yet, lol! Still SE on that one too....
smile.png

Looks alot like rain here today too but yesterday our 5 day weather didn't show us having any until Monday...now that is the job to have!! A weather forecaster..you can be wrong about your job every single day and they will keep on paying you if you just say Mother Nature must have changed her mind, lol!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

BTW...go a Michael's coupon via email today for 40% off..my favorite store for yarn and soap base..if anyone needs a coupon I think this address should work... http://www.michaels.com/coupons/081908/coupon.html get on their email list too! Gonna get my DH to take me to breakfast this morning..LOVE the 4-10s off on friday thing!!!
smile.png
We race tonight is not rained out and get a break tomorrow as that particular track is closed tomorrow..sooooo, happy hookin ya'll, I'll do squares at the track tonight if we aren't rained out..race track hooker that I am!!!

Last edited:

mornin y'all...
i am a member of crochetville scootersmom over there too....but then again you already knew that SE!
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif

have a great day y'all

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom