BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I have finally had time to sit and go through this book...I recommend it soooooooo mcuh...there are soooo many squares, triangles, hexagons and other designs..amazing..there is a clear explanation of symbols used in patterns..in fact for visual learners, the symbol explanation with each pattern is easier than some of the directions, although those are clear and easy to understand...over 140 patterns are easy..everything is expalined, the book is nice sized and loaded with color pictures..it would really really help you newbies, I love it ...an awesome buy for crocheting...if you can spring for the bucks...well worth it!!! I got mine from amazon although I thinkScoot got hers somewhere else and there is always half.com....really a good investment or a good addition to your christmas list hookers!! now if I only had more time to just make everything in it!!! I know I am whining alot about my time but dang it's true..somehow I seem to have none anymore, lol!!!
wink.png

yup i got my from tower.com for 11 something!
ETA my afghan is comming along nicely SE will post updated pics later today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karanleaf I sure hope the ole man pulls through I sure hate for the world to lose good people like that. And you take care and don't ware your self out either.

red I will get you a copy of that pattern the next time I go to town, but you may hve to wait a while because I don't know when that will be, as it is on and off. but I will get it too you, just ask scoot it took me a few weeks to get them to her too! But I promise I will.
smile.png

Scrambled well I am getting there on mine, but I am taking my time with this one, as it is for me. but so far I have the octogon and pentagons done and am working on the triangles now and probley sometime today get that section put togather and then start on the next. Scoot where are you at in the pattern? I will post some pics tomorrow of what I have so far.

I think i may do a little bit of everything for the spring swap. I have been working on writing a pattern for a afghan made up of all different size circles and each circle done in several differet colors. so we'll see what comes of that. well off to feed the chickkides and say good morning to the horse and dogs so I will post ya'll later Maw.

i am on round 12 almost to 13 havent been working on it these past few days as i have been busy...but heres what i have done so far...
dscf0003-23.jpg

dscf0002-24.jpg

dscf0001-26.jpg

Sending out my squares tomorrow
smile.png

Everyone's projects look AWESOME!!!

I sure hope he is ok.... bet he's giving them a good time at the hospital.. if he's that stubborn and all
wink.png
Hope he pulls through ok
hugs.gif

smile.png
Thanks for the well wishes girls.
Got a report on the Old Chief Deputy a while ago he had blockage in the right side so they put in 2 stents and he has a very small blockage in the left nothing they felt needed correction. No damage visable to his heart. He was doing well in recovery
cool.png
and if doing well tomarrow they will cut him loose.
Sheriff gave him orders he was not to come back to work for a while.
old.gif
He told him if he wanted to come sit in the Office while Sheriff is on vacation and bark out orders
rant.gif
that was fine just no going out on calls.
wee.gif

So Chief Deputy is grounded to his desk only.
caf.gif
Like he will listen
roll.png
lol.png

Scoot that is some beautiful work there
love.gif

Maw I still can't get over how great your afghan looks
clap.gif

Red I agree with Scrambled that those would work great for the spring swap if you just border the round. I like um
love.gif

Well just thought I would check in and let you all know the latest.
Still having a time with the sweater
barnie.gif
so looking for a new pattern.
caf.gif

Will check in with ya all later
frow.gif
Karan

Maw that afghan is beautiful

Scoot yours is looking real good too, can't wait to see how beautiful it is when finished.

Karen glad to hear the chief deputy is doing better

I can't believe what I did today. Started off taking pics for ya'll of my yarn piles and things I have made. Stopped by the feed store to order some chicks
jumpy.gif
, I have no idea what I was thinking
th.gif
I ordered 20 bantams
barnie.gif
and 6 standard
ep.gif
Got a chain link fence dog kennel from freecycle 4' x 10' x 7' to make a coop.
yippiechickie.gif
I am hoping I don't end up with a bunch of roos
fl.gif
I hate straight run orders
rant.gif
I think my neighbors would start to have issues, they tolerate my three roosters, not like they can really do much we are zoned agriculture and I can have up to 250 chickens
wink.png

Here are pics of my yarn stash, my mom lives in NC and is feeding my addiction, she mailed me a package of yarn yesterday.
100_5395.jpg

100_5394.jpg

100_5393.jpg

100_5392.jpg

more pics, when lion brand started doing the stitch/pattern of the week, I would do one. Here are the ones I have done so far. Pardon the fuzzy pics, not sure what was up with the camera today

100_5359.jpg

100_5361.jpg

100_5362.jpg

100_5363.jpg

100_5364.jpg

100_5365.jpg

100_5366.jpg

100_5367.jpg

100_5368.jpg

100_5369.jpg

100_5358.jpg

100_5357.jpg

100_5356.jpg
100_5353.jpg
100_5354.jpg
100_5355.jpg

I will probably do some of these patterns for the spring swap

Last edited:
Very cool Lisa!!! I see some hexagons in that group, whoo hoo!!!! Hopefully I will get a chance to practice my triangles this weekend..I did get all through that book and dog earred nearly ALL the pages!!! Alot of great hexagons and triangles and a bunch of squares I liked too! There was a star in there too like the one you did, very cool!!! Yep, anything goes in the spring...EXPERIMENT!!!!! Can only make our skills better for the fall swap after that when Maw will choose a theme....see, you could just stack up all your swaps and make something out of them when you get a pile of them!! Kris would laugh...hey, where has she been anyway???!!!!..but I use my hippified bag I made with the squares!! Had to add another handle so it has two now but actually it works out pretty good, lol!

Karan, I got your law dogs mixed up!!! I thought you were tlaking about the Sheriff, you meant Deputy Dog, really glad he is better and tell him the hookers said for him to keep his keister in that chair until he is better!!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

This is my friday and I am so unusually tired I am thinking I must be getting sick, which I rarely EVER am!! I am so run down and unusually tired, maybe I am anemic...I'll take a vitamin today and see if I stop feeling like zombie breath!!!! Later ya'll
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hooray for yarn piles! And those weekly square things are amazing. I have fallen in love with Lion Brand's free patterns even though I can only do a few right now...they will be keeping me busy.

Well, it's way early for me to be up. But I have a pile of projects that exploded on my little work desk and all of them clammering to be finished.

I hope you feel better, Darlene!!! Zombie breath just doesn't seem to be your "flava".
wink.png
sickbyc.gif
*best zombie imitation - Yaaaarn Yaaaaaarn....* Hopefully it means you have just been really busy!

glad the deputy is better, hope the sheriff? can go on his luau now.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Me, I will be hookin, and shopping for chicken supplies. My ladies arrive Saturday! Woohoo!

Wow that's a lot of different angles you've been going GApple
lol.png
THose look Great, fuzzy or no. ah was that an empty wine box you got stuffed with yarn? Now that the sign of a happy hooker
gig.gif

And I know I know SE I need to practice my shapes I will get to it, promise
frow.gif
(best I can do to raise my hand and pledge)
wink.png
SE hope you get feeling more energtic soon, but if ya don't, then do what I did get a blood workup done. See if there is any other reason.
duc.gif

Hey, ya gota take care of yourself
old.gif

We Need You
hugs.gif

Thanks for the well wishes girls if Deputy Dawg barks too much
duc.gif
at the office I might have to growl back
smack.gif
gig.gif

Any way we will find out today if he gets out or not I may surprize him and give him a call.
big_smile.png
Do a status check
big_smile.png

Rocket you and Gapple be carefull don't get buried under those piles
gig.gif
will have to send the hooker evac team in
gig.gif

Yes the Sheriff is leaving tonight to be on the plane early in the morning.
Ahhhh maybe I can have some peace and quite around the office for a bit!
caf.gif

Leepsy boy I bet those wild grapes will make some nice jelly. They sure make some butt kicking wine I can tell you. Higher in sugar than some of our domestic grapes, so higher the alcohol.
wee.gif

Well gota go get in the shower and get ready for my day check in with ya girls when I take a break. :)Karan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom