BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy gals, Hope all is well with everyone for the new year, sorry for not being on in a while, but new years day I had a little too much fun playing tagg with the kids during out yard party and fell in a hole left by my dh after pulling up and old wooden fence post and well messed my self up good fractured my foot and ankle and dislocated my shoulder and tore most of the hide off my arm so its been great around here as for the most part I have been doped up on pain meds
smile.png
don't feel a thing, or notice or anything else for that matter. so any whos algo I like the barbie skirt I remember those days LOL! just hang in there u will get the hang of it before you know it. well I am going to go before I mess anything else up today so please take care and I will caht LOL chat with ya'll soon. Maw.

Oh maw! What a time of things you have had! Shesh! I sure hope you are better now! Isnt it wierd that kids never seem to hit the holes. Pow! The adult playing always finds it like gravity drew you into it! Man!
Get better!
hugs.gif

Love the Barbi skirt.
My chains always seem to start out a bit twisted but as you continue on the straighten out. I dont know...maybe I am a bit twisted too!
lau.gif

Quote:
OK, I just learned a new lesson: If you want your pictures to remain on your post, DO NOT delete them from your uploads file!
roll.png
Pictures are back on now!!

How far along are you Okiemommy? I hope you feel better ASAP!!

Holy moly Maw! I'm sorry you are so beat up! Yikes! Take care of yourself....

Quote:
Well newchickenfamily, I have had my share of screwups too.
roll.png

But, looking at your piece...my 2 or 3 cents says, you are missing a few stitches. It looks like when you went to your second row, you don't have as many stitches & then on the third row, it looks like even less.
hu.gif
What you may want to do is...rip it all out..
hide.gif
...don't be scared, it will be ok. We all have done that many times.
Then count your chains.
When you get ready to do your next row, skip the first 3 chains (if you are doing double crochet). The skipped 3 chains is like a double crochet. Make sure you count your stitches as you go. ...so if you chain 18, then turn & skip your first 3 chains from your hook, & start your DC in the 4th. Count stitches as you go across & you will have, 17 stitches (counting your 3 chains skipped).
Now when you go to the next row, you have to chain 3 & then double crochet in the double crochet from your previous row.
Sure hop I have helped more so the hendered!
wink.png

Maw so glad you have checked in, to bad it was for a sort time & you have more boo boos then the kids.
hugs.gif
Hope you get to elling better soon.

Newchicks, squares will curl for the most part. You are doing great! And your craft attic is AMAZING. I am definitely
droolin.gif
over that. You are lovely yourself and Her Majesty did a divine job on the cuddly afghan... Maybe I should send her my yarn that I want to do mine out of...
wink.png

Maw! ACK! I hope you are doing ok! Let us know if you need anything...of course you may end up getting a Hooker care package anyway! Ouchie!
hugs.gif
Feel better!

Uhmmm...Lessee my news...my basement flooded last week and DH and I discovered just how much damage was done. Hannah's baby book was all but destroyed, Most of our photo collection is now spread over the floor drying....4 bags of baby clothes I was saving for sentimental reasons are sitting frozen on my outside steps....*sigh* yeah....Oh well it could have been so much worse....at least it wasn't a fire and we still have all the memories.

Dust - Peeps didn't make it out to the porch today because of the above mentioned adventure. We bought an air purifier for the dust aftermath from our eventual huge cleaning job. I totally agree - never again will they be in my living room. I love them, but whew....next time will be spring time and they can be outside.

I have babbled enough so I will wish all of you a very
night006.gif

Awww Risu... sorry to hear of the flood. It's amazing how much damage one single inch of water can do.. wipe a car clear off the road, destroy every single thing you think is the most important thing in the world. You are right though, you can salvage some of it, that's the best.

OMG!
ep.gif
Maw - take good care of yourself! Hope the pain meds work really well - that sounds painful!! My ds dislocated his shoulder about two years ago and still remembers the pain. He said the "relocation" hurt nearly as bad as the injury. Get well soon.
SE, I meant to tell you I love the afghans! The velour one looks so nice and soft... Would make a great blankie if it would ever get cold, huh?
NCF, everyone's right. We've all had our share of ripped out stitches. Pull it out and try again - it'll get better as you begin to see what to look for. I've been at this for 38 years and still have to rip & redo sometimes. (Just don't ask how many times I reworked caps for Christmas this year.
roll.png
)
Rocket, I'm so sorry about your flood. That happened to my sister about 2 months ago, and she lost quite a bit of "memory stuff" too.
New Chicks, when you come to NC to see Darlene, you need to come here too. I don't just need a craft closet organized, I've got a whole room. Looks like Hurricane Kay hit in there! And I echo the praise for your lapghan - Scoot did a great job on it!!
Night, everyone!!
Kay

So glad that Maw got the chance to post. I had PMed her and got answer back. Boy she really got beat up by that hole. Wow ouch
ep.gif
Maw take it easy and heal up. Man I know that hurts, been there done that. kind of ashamed to say. I can fall down with nothing to trip over.
th.gif

Rocket so sorry abut the water damage. That just really is a bummer. Glad you are trying to look at the postive side of it.

LC good to hear from ya.

Hey, My Momma told me that she had joined the swap Has anyone seen her? CharliesChick I am going to check the sign up list and see but just hought I would ask if anyone had chatted with her yet?

big_smile.png
Karan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom